African American Weddings
Options

Did any of you ever cheat...

ON YOUR WEDDING GOWN?

Just curious....I never heard of this phrase 'til I was on my honeymoon. The cruise line sat us with other honeymooners for dinner so there was always something to talk about. Anyway, several of the other new brides spoke about looking at more wedding gowns after they bought thier dress. Some brides were saying that their original dress purchase was based on the reactions of friends or parents who were with them when they originally searched for a dress .  I went dress shopping several times, took lots of pictures (so i could see how it looked in photos), but I didn't purchase anything until I went back by myself  to see how I really felt....without any outside opinions.  What has your experience been so far?
218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Did any of you ever cheat...

• Options
    KMB611KMB611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've seen dresses in bridal magazines, but I'm still glad I chose the dress I did. My MOH went with me to look at dresses and she and I liked the same dress (of course it was the last dress out of about 10 dresses). I went back to David's Bridal a few days later and my mom and grandmom liked the dress as well. I wouldn't say that I intentionally look at other dresses, but they are in the magazines I read and other correspondence I receive.
  • Options
    miah_23_ncbmiah_23_ncb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was very picky. It is just my nature, I am a plain tomboy who wanted a certain look. we evn looed ou tof state and i kept going back to the same dress. I finally chose the 1 that i tried on twice because it really was the one and it was the closest thing I was going to find to the style & price i wanted to pay. But I do not go out my way to see if there si something better. I still get bride mags so of course I see pics but none compare to my dress. I have no regrets.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Never! I love my dress, and I knew it was the one I wanted from the very beginning. There was no need to keep looking.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    ufsweetiebearufsweetiebear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes!

There are so many beautiful dresses out there. So hard to choose JUST ONE. And on top of that, I couldn't decide on a style. Mermaid, ball gown, something funky and untraditional -- I loved them all. For a while I thought I bought the wrong dress. But in the end, I just had to make a decision and stick with it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I cheat every friday night, watching Say Yes to the Dress. Thank God I cant afford a 27k wedding dress because I would be in BIG trouble.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have yet to purchase a gown. Although my wedding is next July i am on the quest to find the perfect one. It actually scares me to commit to 1 gown when I have sooo many options to pick from. Hopefully by the end of this summer I will have chosen my gown.

272image Invited
    222image Accepted
    50image Can't Hang
    0 image Just won't be attending PERIOD
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like to browse in magazine and watch those shows, but I wouldn't dare trying on another one. I'm a believer in shopping karma (lol) and the dress I bought was the one I saw in the window before I was even engaged. It was just sooo pretty. When I tried it on, my MOH was like you can't stop smiling. So I knew it was just waiting for me.
    ~ Planning Bio~
    ~ Married Bio~
    ~ Married August 15, 2010 ~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    All You Need Is Love....
  • Options
    luckyinloveazluckyinloveaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope, I loved the dress when I saw it online. Tried it on and fell in love with it. Bought the dress and brought it home.

• Options
    prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the dress I picked but I have continued looking (not with the option of changing my mind) but just to see the different styles out there. Luckily the dress I chose is a 2011 dress so I won't be going back and forth once the new dresses come out. I'm happy with my choice and because I have pictures I go back and look at them often and each time I remember why I chose the dress that I picked.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've seen this happen on Say yes to the dress and Girl meets gown, BUT I could not imagine buying a dress adn then changing my mind!!  Do you know what you could be doing with that money!?!  Once I found my dress, I moved on to a whole nother task! lol 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yup!  I initially placed a deposit on a gown at David's and then decided to try on some Maggie Satero gowns.  Well, I tried on the Maggie gowns and was not impressed with the fit.  So, I then explained to the associate in the boutique the style I was looking for and she pulled one gown and told me try it.  I did and stayed in it for about 20 minutes.  I knew this was the dress I was to marry my man in !  So, I placed a deposit.  As far as Davids's, thanks to poor customer service when I went to cancel the order, DB corporate sent me a check for my deposit amount!!!  Thanks sucky DB store help!! LOL  BTW- The gown I selected is about $300 less than the one at DB!  I am very happy with the dress I have!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope, I was browsing online and once I saw the dress there was no other for me, I have not bought it yet since my wedding is not until next August and trying to lose some weight first but I'm that way with everything, I saw the cake design and that was it as well. 
  • Options
    lca315girllca315girl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_did-of-ever-cheat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:3d5bd599-82f6-48cf-9d91-4947e3805fd2Post:e0d6dfb4-86b2-400a-9aef-8116b9c55f82">Re: Did any of you ever cheat...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I cheat every friday night, watching Say Yes to the Dress. Thank God I cant afford a 27k wedding dress because I would be in BIG trouble.
    Posted by MIABRIDENTAMPA[/QUOTE]

THIS! Had I hit the NC lottery...girl bye!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards