African American Weddings
Options

Natural Hair Stylists & Make-up Artists in Atlanta Area

Hi, does anyone have recommendations for a hair salon or stylist that does natural hair in Atlanta or the surrounding area?  I'd also like make-up artist recs too.

Ideally I'd like to find someone who could come to my hotel on the day of the wedding.  The hotel is in midtown.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Natural Hair Stylists & Make-up Artists in Atlanta Area

• Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Too Groovy Salon in Midtown - www.toogroovy.net

I would highly recommend Akilah Turman, she is my stylist in Atlanta and has done an amazing job on my natural hair for years. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My make-up artist is Dominique Doyle here is her website http://www.sochevon.com/ I will be having my trial on this Friday and will post pictures for you afterward.
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My natural hair stylist is Tamela of Salon Doorz and my makeup artist is the same that YasJas recommended.

If you want their numbers, let me know. I'm not on here often so emailing me is best. cameronandnaketa at gmail dot com.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Stacia Shabazz at Roots International. She also owns Natural Reignz which puts on a nice natural hair show every year. She does both hair and makeup and definitely does private work.
  • Options
    TheCranberryTheCranberry member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies!  I will definitely check these out.

Yas, please do post pics of your make up trial!  Have fun!
  • Options
    KnaijaQueenKnaijaQueen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Shay Ashmon Makeup Artistry. If you want her phone number, email me at sgoofi at hotmail dot com.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards