African American Weddings
Options

Wedding Vows

Are you ladies going with the standard or are you writing your own?

FI and I decided to write our own but I have no idea "how" to do so...
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Wedding Vows

• Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah we are going to have our own, I guess we will come up with something to say by ourselves. He's a great writer, so it shouldn't be hard for him.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • Options
    TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How long is TOO long?
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    edited December 2011
    ummm I don't think there is a length requirement. It's a special moment, so I think I would love him to have a  lengthy vow. I guess if it was like a 10 minute vow, then yeah that is long LOL. 
  • Options
    TINAMMTINAMM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we did not write our own we lett he officiant write them for us if you would like to read them I am happy to share,  send me your email and you can get an idea of what you would like to include in your own or just an idea of the length.
  • Options
    DanielleB80DanielleB80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FH wants to write vows. He is an eloquent writer and will prob make me cry (and ruin up my makeup). I am the total opposite...which is why I think I will want to go first. LOL  I'm afraid I may get nervous and forget what I have to recite. So, I am going to read them from paper (and him to do the same) and after the ceremony have what we read matted and framed with our wedding pic or something like that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imageGraphics
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are writing our own vows at the moment! LOL!!!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We decided to write our own.  I haven't even started thinking about mine, but I was pleasantly surprised and touched when I was on FI's computer and saw a Word doc called "Vows" on his desktop!!  And he ended up telling me at another time that he had already started writing them....this was probably last November!  

You don't know how bad I wanted to sneak a peek when I saw that document on his laptop...but I somehow restrained myself!  Smile
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    edited December 2011
    awww I would have been touched too. I would have looked  though!
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_vows-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:48f96d31-8af0-4081-bc8e-ae5ea43b8e63Post:11451e5f-2ba4-45f4-bc4e-4e80953fda49">Re: Wedding Vows</a>:
    [QUOTE]awww I would have been touched too. I would have looked  though!
    Posted by desi2002[/QUOTE]

<div>Girl, it took everything in me to keep from looking!  But FI is soooo great at trusting me and not going in my stuff, I just couldn't do that to him.  This is actually the first man I have ever been in a relationship with that I completely trust so I don't look through any of his things, even when I'm at his house by myself!  Awww, I'm about to tear up thinking about it!  Sorry...went off on a tangent there!  </div>
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    KooKoo4QuincyKooKoo4Quincy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes we are writing our own vows. Mine is already written!!
  • Options
    ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    You know we talked about this a couple of days ago. You know what we decided? Just to wing it! Neither one of us are eloquent writers but we just want to say what's in our hearts. We agreed that if we start to go over then we can give a nudge or wink to let the other know!
  • Options
    amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing both... We are kind of traditionalists, but also wanted to say something that is very personalized. Our vows will DEFINITELY be under a minute though...

BTW, Cincy, you almost made ME cry reading your post! Y'all are too cute :)
    Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards