African American Weddings
Options

Update on the fsil issue

So she just called me and asked me "would i be mad if she wasn't in my wedding" and i told her "if you have something you need to say then say it we're grown women" she said she is not sure what she is going to do but ...(i kind of lost it internally when she said this) How is it that this is OUR wedding but you don't know what YOUR going to do yet? Really?!?!

She then proceeds to tell me that she doesn't think her brother is ready for marriage and it's more than just financial. "OH IM SORRY HE PROPOSED TO YOU AND YOU'RE MARRYING HIM" it isn't for YOU to decide whether or not you think he is ready for marriage and base you decision on whether your in our wedding because of that!!! If he proposed to me, and I said yes and he is communicating his ideals, morals etc to ME then who is to say he isn't ready unless it's coming from my mouth!

Meanwhile back at the ranch she STILL hasn't communicated this to him verbally. I advised her to speak with him f2f b/c this is ridiuclous. You don't tell someone through a text that your not in their wedding anymore and then don't mention it until 1 week later.

Sorry ladies I am LIVID right now. Throughout our relationship we've had ups and downs that have rocked us to the core and now this. I'm not mentioning this to my mother b/c then she will start the questions and I am in no mood for anybody's questions right now!!!! VENT OVER Yell

272image Invited
222image Accepted
50image Can't Hang
0 image Just won't be attending PERIOD
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Update on the fsil issue

• Options
    edited December 2011

Girl "SHUT THE FRONT DOOR"!!!  I cannot beileve this chica.  Soooooooo she's putting all of this out there for whose benefit because it certainly isn't for YOU or your FI (i.e. - her brother). Cool- this is me throwing shade on her crazy butt.  With that being said - DON'T SWEAT THIS CHICA!!!  You extended the offer of her being part of HER ONLY BROTHER'S WEDDING and she made her decision not to be in the wedding which this is truly GOOD NEWS FOR YOU AND FI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  There won't be any more drama (keeping fingers crossed) and you don't have to worry about catering (not that you were but you know what I'm saying) to her feelings.

Now back to the issue at hand, FSIL has some issues with your FI that have nothing and I do mean nothing to do with you.  Do not try to FIX this issue - it's between FI and FSIL - THE END.  You K.I.M. and continue to focus on marrying your FI!

Y'all have worked hard to get to this place in your lives together and she is not a factor in YOUR equation!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh Alf how I love you girl!

I just spoke to my sister and she said the same thing. I feel better already

Don't get me wrong, I like her but sometimes she is bi-polar and I mean that with every fabric of my being! Even her mother told her "why would you tell her that you don't think your brother is ready for marriage"

i guess i'm not crazy

272image Invited
    222image Accepted
    50image Can't Hang
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    luckyinloveazluckyinloveaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would never ever want someone in my wedding party that doesnt think we or FI is ready for marriage! End the drama now, and continue planning your BIG day. It's supposed to he happy times for you an FI not having to deal with drama:)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    His sister is tripping! I'm sorry you had to go through this. I think you'll be better off without her in the wedding party.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, wow, wow.  Unbelievable behavior from your FSIL!  I totally agree with the PPs, keep it moving and thank God that she is no longer in your wedding party!  Definitely sounds like she has issues with your FI that they need to work out and the less you can be in the middle, the better.  That was a really ignorant comment she made about your FI not being ready - please don't get caught up in trying to analyze that statement or figure it out (not saying you would, but I might if it were me!  LOL) - it is ridiculous and it's best to just let it roll off your back.   Good luck and I hope and pray she doesn't come with any more drama during this planning process (or EVER AGAIN).
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW...I agree with the PP.  Your FSIL has some serious issues.  If she has a problem with her brother she needs to be communicating that with him and not using your wedding as a source to her behavior.  Then to say he is not ready for marriage she needs to go get a life.  Do not question the love you have for your FI for this chic, because that is what she is trying to do.   If I was you I wouldn't let her back into your wedding party, because if she is bi-polar or not she will make you believe everything is ok later on and then bring that drama back.  You need a stress free wedding at all possible.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I say that you are much better off. I would never want anyone in my WP who did not support my marriage 110%. Leave it alone and continue with your planning. Good Luck!
    And the whole time, my future husband was in the room...... image image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ladies thank you so much! I love you guys lol

272image Invited
    222image Accepted
    50image Can't Hang
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kahbkahb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It sounds like she might be jealous of you and her brother's upcoming nuptials. Anyway, I think it's a blessing in disguise because now you can avoid that kind of negative energy for the rest of your planning.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards