African American Weddings
Options

Your BMs and tasks

How have you ladies given tasks to your BMs or have any of them just come forward asking to help with certian things?

I've decided to split up tasks between my BMs and some of them its because of their individual personalities. My MOH is really creative, but quiet. Generally the MOH would handle the Bridal Shower and she will work on that with my Mom and Godmother...she also has the phone numbers to any of the other girls if they need any extra help.

I have two BMs who are the Party Girls and they have very similar personalities and they have never met one another before, but I am assuming they will get along well. I have assigned them the 2 Bacholorette Parties...I'm doing one in Vegas and for the girls who can't make it or afford Vegas we will be doing a 2nd party closer to home. There is a huge bowling alley about 30 minutes from my house and they have a bar, nightclub, acarde, and laser tag all at this one place. I figured we can have some drinks, dance and bowl. We just might play laser tag too.

The other 3 girls I'm waiting for more things to come up. I know when it's save the date time I will have some of the girls who live in my town if they can come by and help me address and put save the dates in envelopes. Same with invitations.

I really just want each task to be along the lines of something they are good at and would enjoy. I don't want to be a slave master and force anyone to do anything they don't want to do or they won't enjoy.
Photobucket
"Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
Janae & Olivier

Anniversary

Re: Your BMs and tasks

• Options
    prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I have two MOH's one has already told me she's planning the b-party and the shower, the other is more interested in other aspects such as picking the dresses and going with me to pick out my dress, she accompanied me on a tasting when my fi had to work and looking at flowers,etc. I didn't tell them hey you do this or do that they just took it upon themselves to do it. I have one other BM that's local all the others are out of state.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a moh, maid of honor & a moh, matron of honor. I didnt assign tasks. They pretty much handled everything amongst themselves. Including corresponding with an oot bm, which is more my friend than theirs. Everything was pretty much a surprise for me. And they did a great job. They've all been my best friends from between 9 - 14 years. So they know me well. Besides a few random questions here and there. They really took over the reigns and ran with it. And im glad because the planning stories that they share with me now are hilarious. But Im sure that those problems would have stressed me out before the wedding.
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • Options
    adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't assign my girls anything either. They did everything on their own and it made life and planning so much easier.  I wouldn't worry too much about it would just wait for them to come to you and ask what you might need help with. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I really didn't want to assign them tasks, but I have a couple of them who will step on one anothers toes and they will start drama. All of them I've known for seperate amounts of time and they are from seperate circles so most of them don't know each other and a couple of them have only seen one another in passing. I have 2 who are in the same circle, but they are the drama girls and their friendship is always on and off.
    One reason for having tasks is I can't have someone else planning my celebration because I am a control freak (I'm not bad though) but I want to have the first hand at everything because I ave what I want in my head and their brians are not mine. I think of anyone in my party who sees what I see it would be my MOH because we are very much alike.
    The planning is pretty much being done by me and my mom and everyone else is there to help and that's how I want it and love it.
    Photobucket
    "Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
    Janae & Olivier

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't assign tasks either.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a Maid of Honor & a Matron of Honor as well as 6 other BMs and they all just picked up duties. It was great to not have to tell or ask individuals to pick up tasks. The only thing I did was ask each bridesmaid to do two things on the wedding day: dance & make sure people sign the guestbook. And if the MOHs needed any additional help, they coordinated with the other BMs.
    Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
  • Options
    lca315girllca315girl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't assign tasks to my BMs.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards