African American Weddings
Options

Wedding & Baby Talk

Hey Knotties,
Thanks so much for your support on my last "I'm preggers" post! I've taken 3 tests and they all said Positive. I'm going to a dr that my BFF recommends but my date isnt until Aug 2. So I'm taking vitamins and trying to keep doing as I was before I found out that I was expecting. My next ? to you ladies is I'm still excited about being married but not as into the wedding planning like I was before I found out. I'm kinda over wedding planning and the details I thought were important because I feel like we definitely have something bigger to focus our attention on (THE BABY). Did any of you ladies go thru this that found out you were preggers months before the wedding? What do you ladies suggest or recommend? I swear I have to go down as the worlds worst bride to be since I don't care anymore.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding & Baby Talk

• Options
    DancerppfDancerppf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations first of all. What a blessing.

I see you have two months until your wedding. I don't know how far along you are but I'm sure you have more than two months left in your pregnancy. That being said you have more than enough time after your wedding to be in complete baby mode. Don't let you wedding go by the waste side as you have a beautiful baby coming. You may end up regretting not enjoying that time. It's more important now than ever to make beautiful memories and enjoy this time. That's my $.02. I'd also keep the pregnancy to myself until the wedding reception or afterwards.  It would be great to announce that at the end of the reception (I say the end so eeryone doesn't talk about it for the entire night taking away from what you're wedding experience should be in that moment). Whatever you do may your blessings continue to be many.
  • Options
    bmoton82bmoton82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    great advice dancer! Since i have no official drs advice yet, I suspect with my calculation and last menstrual that I'm about 10 weeks along. To be honest, I'm going to keep it hush til after all the wedding stuff. I figure the baby will be the focus once it comes so I really wanna enjoy being a full fledged bride and the honeymoon is paid for so I def wanna enjoy that to the fullest too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    DancerppfDancerppf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree wholeheartedly. And you'll have a brighter glow (and only you'll know why). I'm so excited for you and I'm glad to hear you plan to enjoy every moment of being a bride before the baby becomes the focus of your world and everyone elses. Have your moment! Congrats again.
  • Options
    msktn95msktn95 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Dancer.  This is a great time for you. Keep making plans and focus on your wedding day. This is day that you dreamed about it. Once the wedding and honeymoon are over, you can turn all your attention to the little one that is on the way.
    Follow Me on Pinterest image image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    FabbiegirlFabbiegirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great idea Dancer.  Focus on being a bride in this short period, and put full attention into being mommy after a nice, romantic, sexy honeymoon.
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Dancer hit it on the head!
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards