African American Weddings
Options

Kind of early but...

What song can me and my dad dance to? We have not had the best relationship but we are working on it and it is getting better. I really love the Beyonce song but it does not fit our relationship. I have a long time to think about this but it was on my mind so I thought I would as for some help now. Any suggestions?

Re: Kind of early but...

• Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about Isn't She Lovely? {I really don't know what all the lyrics are to that song to know if yall can relate.} Or do you want a slow song?
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Slow he does not have much rhythm from what I can gather I have never seen him dance in all the time I have known him (28 years lol) His brother and my uncle who is 29 is getting married on Saturday so maybe I can check out his moves but I am sure he would prefer slow.

FI is dancing to Mama from boys to men I think if that helps
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using "If This World Were Mine" by Luther Vandross
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageGraphics

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Treat her like a Lady, Butterfly Kisses, My Joy

577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies I have to listen to each and see how they make me feel. I wish our relationship was the perfect daddy's girl but that part in the beyonce song that says " I want my unborn son to be just like my daddy" Epic fail I don't want to be fake and lie but my FI is pushing for that song and it is not gonna happen so I have to come up with something equally as good just without being a total lie!
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I agree hun, Im in the same position, Im thinking of skipping the father daughter and doing a mommy daughter dance
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow that is a great idea but I don't want to hurt his feelings since he will be there. Both my mom ad dad are walking me down the aisle so I have to do it and be happy at least pretend to be happy about it lol!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was in the same boat as you so I played Isn't she lovely and danced with my dad, then my father-in-law and my hubby's biological father as well. 
    He that findeth a wife, findeth a GOOD THING!! small2 small Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What about Dance with my Father by Luther Vandross?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards