African American Weddings
Options

Well... Well...

So how about out of the blue, my FMIL called me back tonight and apologize for asking if FSIL would be in the wedding. She said that she was out of line and didn't know what she was thinking. She said that she thought that I was her daughter for a min. She also said that she realizes that this is my wedding. And lastly she said that she will not add her 2 cents in anymore and that if I needed any help on the wedding to ask her! WOW!!! I was just shock that she realized that all on her own. FH said that he hadn't even talked to her! So long story short, I am not going to ask her because Jason said that he doesn't care and just want to be married already! LOL!! Thanks ladies for all of your support and opinions.
My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
Created by Wedding Favors
Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!

Re: Well... Well...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow! This had a very happy ending for you. :) I'm so glad you didn't act abruptly and call and ask her. I'm very impressed with the way his mom cleaned this up too. I think it is sweet that she said she was feeling like you were her daughter.

I bet you didn't want to answer the phone at first though did you...lol????
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LMAO!!! You are silly Eagles! But I didn't answer at first!!! lol!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

You're FMIL did the honorable thing to call and apology.  At least she come to respected the terms that this is your wedding.  I'm happy Dr.Yas didn't have to go off on anybody.Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Cool

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay Dr. Yas!! I'm glad it all worked out for you in a very timely fashion.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_well-well?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:4e64e829-c372-44ac-934f-0ff859b069afPost:c2e073f6-4cdc-403c-95f7-76afaf43008e">Re: Well... Well...</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're FMIL did the honorable thing to call and apology.  At least she come to respected the terms that this is your wedding.  I'm happy Dr.Yas didn't have to go off on anybody.
    Posted by PB-Bride2010[/QUOTE]

LOL!!! Thanks! I am glad that she did call! I am too happy right now to want to go off on her!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_well-well?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:4e64e829-c372-44ac-934f-0ff859b069afPost:9c61c935-b7aa-4def-a3fd-fd7b9c6c7297">Re: Well... Well...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay Dr. Yas!! I'm glad it all worked out for you in a very timely fashion.
    Posted by missrekaeagle[/QUOTE]

I know right! I just want to keep the peace!!! LOL!
  • Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Great! I wasn't too sure how this was gonna end. lol. But it worked itself out. And I like the sound of this whole DR. Yas thing. Laughing
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_well-well?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:4e64e829-c372-44ac-934f-0ff859b069afPost:0c3b48b5-5cf0-4b75-99e0-34958bcc6dda">Re: Well... Well...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Great! I wasn't too sure how this was gonna end. lol. But it worked itself out. And I like the sound of this whole DR. Yas thing. 
    Posted by tyboyd[/QUOTE]

Awww.... Thanks!
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad that everything worked out for you Yas.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Tam!
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Really glad to hear this happy ending!  You have to respect someone who can see that they're wrong and then come back and apologize.  Very cool of your FMIL.  A great sign of the way your relationship with her will be!  I'm soooo happy this situation is behind you! 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dr. Yas (i like that too) You have yourself a pretty cool FMIL. I am glad she called and did the right thing
  • Options
    amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That couldn't have worked out any better! CONGRATS! :)
    Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_well-well?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:4e64e829-c372-44ac-934f-0ff859b069afPost:c2e073f6-4cdc-403c-95f7-76afaf43008e">Re: Well... Well...</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're FMIL did the honorable thing to call and apology.  At least she come to respected the terms that this is your wedding.  I'm happy Dr.Yas didn't have to go off on anybody.
    Posted by PB-Bride2010[/QUOTE]

Ditto and you are blessed to have a FMIL who realized she made a mistake and owned it. Happy Planning!
    218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad it all worked out
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad it worked out.... Time fixed it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards