Washington-Seattle

rethinking my bm dresses/ color scheme

My colors are raspberry/ aqua, and my original plan was aqua bm dresses and raspberry flowers. my problem is that i can't find dresses in the colors i like; also i'm afraid the colors might be a little too intense. So my new thought, is maybe a black or silver dress? I could still do the raspberry/pink flowers, and possibly incorporate the aqua in their accessories? what do you think?
Photobucket

Re: rethinking my bm dresses/ color scheme

• edited December 2011
    I say black - it flatters everyone, BMs might be able to wear the dresses again, and it'll make the aqua and raspberry pop.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • emilyasiegelemilyasiegel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ditto tygirl, you can always add an aqua sash.
  • dmw_2010dmw_2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I vote for black dresses with an aqua sash. A friend of mine did that and it looked fantastic. The black background will definitely make the flowers pop.
  • amylbellamylbell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    when is your wedding Steph?  There is lots of Fall stuff out right now, give it a bit more time (if you have it) and you may like the spring lines...otherwise the girls have some good ideas!
  • stephparksstephparks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice :) It's not until June 26, i still have awhile to plan.
    Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    I totally get where you're coming from! My colors are fuschia and black and I just couldn't find the right hue and I am not willing to settle on a different shade...so I decided on black BM dresses. I was going to make fuschia sashed but I decided that was too much work. So they will have the black dress and the fuschia bouquet, so the colors will still really pop in photos and at the altar! Good luck!
  • carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Uhm, so I'm doing aqua and we'll probably go for the alfred angelo dresses in pool, if they're in my BM's budget.  I looked at some pool dresses at their shop, and it's close enough to what I want.  I couldn't find anything I liked at the fabric store, though, when I went looking for a swatch. Maybe pop into some shops with BM dresses to see if you like the colors in person?  They do look different than online.
  • edited December 2011
    I also like the idea of black with an aqua sash!
  • edited December 2011
    I recently saw a picture of bm's in a Slate colored dress. I know it's kinda gray, and maybe cause it was called Slate instead, it sounded more romantic to me... but, I think those would look great with bright colors like aqua and raspberry. Black is great too, but if you want something different, I say Slate, or even like a sand colored, like burnt creme or something. Just thinkin off the top of my head.
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • edited December 2011
    I'm gonna go ahead and be different than pps (although that slate idea sounds beautiful, and yes, "slate" is a name for gray). I think you should keep looking for the aqua. Yes, it is not as re-wearable, but the best, most punchiest way to add color to your wedding is through the BM dresses. I think your color combo is beautiful & you should show it off as much as you can!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards