African American Weddings
Options

Granny Went to Hospice

I feel like I've been hogging up this board with all of my NWR posts. Sorry ladies, but I just wanted to let you all know my grandmother went to hospice yesterday. Originally she was suppose to go to an assisted living place, but then everyone decided on sending her to a nursing home. Before she got in the nursing home she was hospitalized though and they sent her from the hospital to hospice yesterday. She's not a happy camper to say the least and she just wants to go home. Bless her heart.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Granny Went to Hospice

• Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to hear that.  I'm keeping your family and your grandmother in my prayers.  I totally understand that she just wants to be home and comfortable, that's how my grandma felt as well.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Shereka, please never feel like you are hogging the board with your need for prayer/support/vibes/whatever.  We are a very supportive group and I would like to feel that I will be getting support (without anyone minding) if i were in your shoes, so post away...

Regarding your grandma, that has to be very hard for her. "there is no place like home!"

I will keep your family in my prayers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are here for you. I will keep your nana in my prayers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hospice is a hard situation but continue to do best and just love and support her. Believe it or not when my grandmother was placed into hospice years back there was a patient who been there for 3yrs. So don't think of Hospice as the end, only 1 can be the judge. I will continue to keep you and your family in prayers!

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• Options
    edited December 2011

We are here for you girl.
    I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! You all always know the right things to say. You all are very supportive and I really appreciate all of it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear that you and your family are going through a rough time.  Please know that you, your family and granny are in our thoughts and prayers.  Take care and keep the faith.   The Lord is in control.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Shereka, Like the PP stated we're here to support you in whatever way you need it.  I'm praying for strength, faith, and endurance for you, your family, and grandmother.  I know it will all workout just believe!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    mnm729mnm729 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As the other ladies said, the great thing about this board is that everyone is here to support for WR and NWR things.  Never feel like you're bugging us.  I

am so sorry to hear about your grandmother.  I think all grandmas are that way.  They just want to be in their home, with their things.  You and your family are in my prayers. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear about your granny. I'll be keeping your whole family in my prayers.
    80 said yes image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. I will definitely keep your granny, you and fam in my prayers.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry to hear this about your grandma.  I remember you posting on here once that you and your grandma are very close.  I wish you and your family the best.  Big, big hugs and warm wishes of comfort your way through this very tough time.  Please do not feel like you are hogging the board with NWR topics.  Like Mypasmita said we are hear to support you.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am so sorry to hear this news, but I know the power of God and I just encourage you to remember that He makes no mistakes. I will keep you and your family in my prayers for strength, encouragement, and comfort. Continue to show your grandmother how much she is loved and appreciated and remind her that home is wherever she is. Maybe decorate her room for her and bring lots of pictures of your family as well as other things from home that mean a lot to her.

AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards