African American Weddings
Options

Monday Madness

So I just realized that today is Monday...

What the hell is my problem?
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Monday Madness

• Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Girl you're busy and stressed like the rest of us!  LOL

So my Monday Madness is that I was supposed to work on a PowerPoint  for work over the weekend and DID NOT, so here I am rushing to do it this morning.  Ugh!  Completely my fault, but I'm still pissed at my job for some reason - LOL.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Monday Madness, the state legislature is in session, so that equals insanity at work EV-ER-Y-DAY for the next three months.  Plus school madness is in full effect with projects and papers for the last month of the semester.  The good news, I keep telling myself that in 54 days, me and my new husband will be on a wonderful honeymoon cruise where NO ONE can contact us.  I keep telling myself I will make it.
    Bio (updated 4/3/10 with invitations) AAW Board Brides
    500 invitedimage 301 acceptedimage 101 declinedimage

RSVP date: April 23rd Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have a test tomorrow and a paper due! I started on the paper last night, but I couldn't concentrate so I pushed it to the side. We have a pre-marital counseling session when I get off work today, so now I'm gonna be up all night trying to finish my paper and study.  School is out May 4th and wedding is May 22nd. I'm going to need those few days in between to regain my sanity.
  • Options
    OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cake baker is loosing her mind!  I have all this real work to do before I leave on Wednesday, but instead I'm making all these wedding calls.  
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Monday Madness is that I can't get these freaking invitations done.  I keep having all of these technical difficulties.  The stupid printer won't feed the paper through, the stupid program that I saved the RSVP cards on can't be downloaded onto any other program file...ugh!  I want to get these things done already!  Oh!  And the printing company won't have my envelopes ready today.  But I guess that doesn't matter because the invitations themselves arent' printed.  It's not just Monday Madness, I've been going through madness all week.
  • Options
    prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My Monday Madness is that my fiance does not want to get a wedding planner. He said he can plan the wedding or rather we can ourselves (meaning me) and that him and his groomsmen will go the day before the wedding to setup the reception (you have got to be joking!). Clearly has no clue everything that goes into a wedding. (Since I have been on top of everything). I've talked with his mom and grandmother and they both recommend one. I'm starting grad school in the fall and working two jobs, while he is working three. A wedding planner is the answer!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_monday-madness-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:5627bb4a-0c67-4c9e-872a-b4da16460199Post:f7be443b-bf68-428b-8b75-0dcafeeb7515">Re: Monday Madness</a>:
    [QUOTE]My Monday Madness is that my fiance does not want to get a wedding planner. He said he can plan the wedding or rather we can ourselves (meaning me) and that <strong>him and his groomsmen will go the day before the wedding to setup the reception (you have got to be joking!).</strong> Clearly has no clue everything that goes into a wedding. (Since I have been on top of everything). I've talked with his mom and grandmother and they both recommend one. I'm starting grad school in the fall and working two jobs, while he is working three. A wedding planner is the answer!
    Posted by prncsz[/QUOTE]

I think if you give him a taste of all of the details that go into planning, he will fold. My fiance did and now he regularly asks for updates from "our planner"...lol. He even responds to our weekly emails by hitting reply all to keep her in the loop of our planning conversations versus just texting or calling me like he did in the beginning. Hang in there!

Sidenote: I'm still laughing out loud at the part in bold. I will crank up the knottie van before we let that happen!
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards