African American Weddings

The Craziest Week of my life (LIP) NOVEL.. get popcorn

Hey Ladies !!!!

Im back from the craziest week of my life.  Updates & PIPs.  Ill Give u the story,  alot u already know so Here it goes....

Wedding was scheduled for Thurs 8/30/2012....

Sunday - We get a call that Wayne’s mom was not doing well and we started to consider that wedding may be postponed.   We both decided to go to work monday and he'd go to Maryland to see her after work. We live in North Jersey, he works in South Jersey, she lives in maryland. 

Monday - I go to work and start crying at my desk... I got sent home.  So, I decided to just meet Wayne at his job and go down with him to MD.  We see her, she looks great.  Just a UTI, she is on antibiotics and things look great.  She was walking around, talking, and telling stories...   Tues morning we head back

Tuesday - I was off because wedding was Thurs.  Wayne goes to work and comes home.  He receives a call once in N. Jersey that UTI backed into kidneys and they are considering putting her in a hospice facility.  I told him that I'd drive.  Since when I came home on Tuesday I had rested.  We drive to the bottom of jersey when he gets another call to just stay home.  After driving 1.5hrs south, we turn around.  He plans to go after work on Wednesday.  We decided that since the wedding was at 11am, he'd rush back up on Thursday morning,  do the ceremony, stay for reception for about an hour then we'd leave our guests and make an announcement inviting them to finish eating and drinking but we'd be leaving due to his mother’s status.

Wednesday - He heads off to work and by 9 am he receives a call from his mother’s doctor... she’s in acute renal failure and these may be the final moments.  He calls me "Babe, the Dr said come now, we have to cancel the wedding"......  I say "ok" and I spend Wednesday cancelling my wedding for the next day. He headed off to Maryland.  I got 100% credit for the venue, the dj and the photag.   I got no refund for the flowers and the tuxes.  My dress was already paid for except a necklace... I told him I didn’t need it. 
Me being me, pissed about not being able to get a credit for the tuxes I tell the man "I am not paying to rent tuxes and leaving them here.  Give me the tuxes, I'll bring them back on Saturday.
Two of my girl friends from Maryland came anyway just to be supportive.  They took me shopping and out to Fridays.  After that one of them says "I am heading back tonight. I said "I’m coming with you" She lives about 30m from where Wayne & his mom were. I spent the night at her home

Thursday.  - I was big girl.  It was supposed to be the biggest and happiest day of my life and I was trying to figure out if my fiance’s mom is going to die.  At 11:45 am I realized I should have been married and I got a bit sad.  But, being the big girl I was, I was NOT going to cry.  This is life, specifically mine and Wayne still loves me, he didn’t leave me, this is special circumstances ... right... no need to break down.  Be strong girl.... that’s what I say to myself.
At around 3pm FI calls me to meet him at the hospice facility where his mom was. When I saw him....... the tears just flooded out.   He held me and said "Whats going on ma" and I reply "this was supposed to be our wedding day". He dropped a tear & tried to wipe it before I saw, it was too late.   He reassured me that he loved me and that we'd wed soon.  The venue said we could even do this Saturday.  I refused that date because it wasn’t enough time to call people and what if there was ANOTHER emergency....

We called the pastor together and he stated he just wanted to marry me right away.  She suggested a little chapel in the woods by her in PA.  We agreed.  Saturday, we'd run away and get married in a little chapel in the woods.... Romantic right?

Friday -  He says to me "babe, I have a window tonight.  My aunt will spend the night with my mom.  Let’s sneak away to NJ and get married in the chapel.  I agree.  We call the pastor.  (she isnt the pastor of that chapel... she lives near it tho,... in PA... she pastors in a church near us, in N. NJ.  My church) She says “what time ?”  We say 10pm.  At this time we were still in Maryland.   It was 11am and we needed travel time and time to notify my mother, sister and best friend. 

We start driving up.  Pastor calls us back " There’s a problem.  The lights went out in the chapel today,  it must be done during day light.  Can you make it by 7:30?  it would be sunset.   Very romantic."  We say "yes"... we call family and say "its 7:30"  They rush to get ready. 1hr later and still driving, its pastor "Im sorry guys, but we can’t do it, the license we have is in NJ, I can’t marry u in PA but, our church is available"..... "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! "  I say "We'll call u back in 20m"  I hang up and cry.   So we decide on getting married in my church.  We called her back & let her know.... now 9pm is the time.   We call family again.  

We arrive home and he picks up his tux (the one I count be refunded for) and heads to his house to get ready and we'd meet at the church. By now, my mom, aunt, cuz, sister and BFF had all gotten ready and we were off.  On the drive there, I get a call from Wayne. "my mom has gotten worse again, I have about an hour or so and I have to head back to Maryland" I say "I’m almost at the church":.... he says "me 2".  We get to the church with the flowers (that I couldn’t get a refund for) and the CHURCH IS LOCKED !!!!!!!!!!!
I GIVE UP!   I say to my bff... "I’m not marrying this man... no more... I can’t take any more" just then,  pastor pulls up with the keys and we are on the way in.  I get in my dress.   My sister pulled that corset from my size 10 frame into what felt like a size 6.

Im ready to go when my adopted brother (who was to give me away) calls and says "sis, Im around the corner.... wait for me!!'  AND WE DO.  He gets there and we walk the aisle to be given away to no longer my FI, but now who I call Husband.

It was the most beautiful ceremony.  With all of 7 guests, the pastor, her children, my husband, myself and GOD we were wed.  And God surely was there.  

O and it doesn’t end there, because right now.... there is no wedding night... right?  He is heading to his mother's side.... on our wedding night, the night I've waited 3years for..............

After pictures he says "I have to go, I’m sorry"... I say "Do you want me to come?"  He says "I want you to do whatever u want "  ... I say " I am your wife now,  where u go, I go"  and so my mother took my kids and off we went back t MD AGAIN!!!!! We head to his house and he changed his tux into his PJs and off we went. I stayed in my dress, I'd change later, I was so tired I didnt even want to get out the car

My girlfriend from Maryland texted me and offered the guest room again for that night.  I talked to GOD about it before I replied and I said "No, tonight is my wedding night and if I’m not going to be with my husband, I’m going to be alone." That reply got her worried. She texted me back wondering if I was ok... I said "Im fine, If its not me and Wayne tonight, it’s me and GOD. I’m getting a hotel room".  I book one on my phone. Half way to MD I start getting dizzy and realize my sister tried to freaking kill me.  My breathing was getting cut off in the chair all strapped in like that.  Hubbie pulls over and unstraps me and I get out of the wedding dress on the road and put on some sweats that I had worn to the church. 

We get to the hospice facility and he asks me to wait in the car.  I fall asleep in there. He comes out about an hour later and says... " I can sneak away for about 5-6hours" By now it’s after 2 am... I say "great" and off we went to the hotel room and had our wedding night. 

Mother in Law is still hanging in there.  She’s gotten near deaths door a few times and comes back again.  She is confused and her kidneys have completely shut down.  Aunty evil was down there and the only person that knows we wed from his family is his brother.  He has asked that he keep it quiet for now until after things settle with his mom.   I understand.   So here is the link to pictures

Sorry about the UBER long story.... but it ALL had to be told

http://s117.photobucket.com/albums/o56/num1shorty/MeredithWayne08312012/

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: The Craziest Week of my life (LIP) NOVEL.. get popcorn

• Awww Meredith! after all that you (in the end) BOTH got what you wanted. He got to be by his mom and you through ALL THAT got your wedding and wedding night! You looked STUNNING and you guys make an amazing couple. Congratulations!

btw, is mom coherent? I know you said that only his brother knows, but does she know?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Girl CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I don't even know where to begin. I commend you on the way you handled all of that. It just proves that love conquors all. Although it may not have happened the way you wanted it to happen you are still married to the man of your dreams. As far as the waiting 3 years...you are way better than me. We might have had to lock the church office, find a bush, do it in the parking lot whatever after waiting 3 years. Congrats again. Mrs. 
    imageAnniversary
  • O,  we intend on still having the reception.   since we got the 100% credit and all.   we are looking at 9/22 right now but we'll be more sure next week
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mom is not coherant right now
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mer, you look so pretty and Im so happy in the end you guys became Husband and Wife. God is really testing yall and you guys are sure passing the test. I can only imagine how hard it has to be to get married and have to deal with a MIL who is near death. Even tho you guys are going thru it I hope you can have the happiness and excitment a bride is supposed to have when she gets married !! ((((HUGS))))
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • Oh my you two have been thru some things this week.  This was a test indeed and you both handled everything well.  It shows that you two deeply love each other and you can handle anything together.  It also shows what kind of man he is they way he keeps running to his mom side like that.  I know you two will have a wonderful marriage.  Congrats. 
    **I am getting married to Mr. Wonderful on 11/3/2012**
  • pearls687pearls687 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2012
    Aww honey, I've been thinking about you and I'm so glad you two were able to get married! Thanks for the recap and pics! You looked amazing and so happy! When it gets right down to it, you had the most romantic wedding and please accept my best wishes for a blessed and wonderful marriage! Congratulations! You have a beautiful family!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yes, that is a crazy week, and you were so supportive and showed your HUSBAND who he was really marrying.  He will love you for everything you did for him during this time.  When all is said and done, you married the man designed for you in front of GOD.   Have fun at your reception and you get to wear your dress twice (bonus).:}
  • Meredith.. GOD ALWAYS MAKES A WAY.... I am soo happy for the two of you.
    Praying for your family..

thank you soo much for the recap. I really felt like I was on the journey with you guys... Now you are married.. and you are ONE!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • so happy you two got hitched *as my brother says* lol 

praying for you both and mom 
    have a few drinks you deserve them lol 

"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History" ~Laurel Thatcher Ulrich~
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Aww Meredith this is a true test of love. I am sooo happy that you got to have your wedding night. Congrats and I wish you and your HUBBY nothing but the best!! I love the pictures hun!!

I will continue to pray for your husband's mother and for your husband.
  • Mer...I don't even know where to begin. You had my crying. I have an abundant amount of happiness for you. I applaud you for how you handled this situation...very admirable...it's the beginning of being A Virtuous Woman and now Virtuous Wife. Congrats on your wedding honey. May all the best belong to you and your husband!!!!! We will continue to pray for your mother in law. 

Blessings to you and yours,
    Chalya
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_the-craziest-week-of-my-life-lip-novel-get-popcorn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:594d8116-e336-4de8-aee2-34fa2c732eccPost:b00fde00-9e77-4a79-b32e-4f59e855bea1">Re: The Craziest Week of my life (LIP) NOVEL.. get popcorn</a>:
    [QUOTE]Meredith.. GOD ALWAYS MAKES A WAY.... I am soo happy for the two of you. Praying for your family.. thank you soo much for the recap. I really felt like I was on the journey with you guys... Now you are married.. and you are ONE!!!
    Posted by nursing2u[/QUOTE]

This!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • I'm so happy that it happened even with the uncertainty of his mother's health. I wish you two the very best.
    145 Invited image
    65 Cannot wait to party! image
    1 Saving me money! image
    80 Looking for the mailbox image
  • He is good and merciful and what God put together no one can take apart. I really prayed for you this weekend because I knew how strong you needed to be and you were that and more. Thank you for sharing this journey with us and the most abundant blessings on your marriage.

CONGRATS!!
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_the-craziest-week-of-my-life-lip-novel-get-popcorn?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:594d8116-e336-4de8-aee2-34fa2c732eccPost:6a0e15cb-9e37-4ccc-93a7-491833341b26">Re: The Craziest Week of my life (LIP) NOVEL.. get popcorn</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mer...I don't even know where to begin. You had my crying. I have an abundant amount of happiness for you. I applaud you for how you handled this situation...very admirable...it's the beginning of being A Virtuous Woman and now Virtuous Wife. Congrats on your wedding honey. May all the best belong to you and your husband!!!!! We will continue to pray for your mother in law.  Blessings to you and yours, Chalya
    Posted by CreoleBride30[/QUOTE]

This... Couldn't have worded it better!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 176-Made the Cut
    image Final Count 152-Are #Team Morris Wedding.
  • Mere I know it's not the wedding you envisioned but you were beautiful nonetheless.  All of what Cha said andplusalso all of what J said.    Through Him all things are possible, the two of you are proof of that.  I'll be praying for your mother in law's healthy recovery. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards