African American Weddings
Options

Have you heard?? NWR

Terry McMillian has written a sequel to Waiting to Exhale entitled "Getting to Happy".  It comes out on 9/7 and I will defnitely be getting it.
He that findeth a wife, findeth a GOOD THING!! small2 small Photobucket

Re: Have you heard?? NWR

• Options
    luckyinloveazluckyinloveaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome, I hadnt heard of it yet! Thanks for sharing:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

If you read Essence mag they have been having small exerpts from the book for the past 3 months. Each month was a small intro to each of the characters so you could be "caught up" when the book comes out.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Saw that in either Ebony or Essence a couple months ago...they featured a snippet. I loved the movie and ready the book way before my time...sneaked my mama's copy when I was a little girl. I can't wait for this release! We should have a virtual book club for that one...something I've been meaning to bring up anyway, but I know how busy we all are.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Eagles a book club sounds like a fun idea!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I can not wait.  I have been reading the snippets in Essence each month and have the reminder set in my phone for Sept. to go out and buy it.  A book club would be cool.  I would read along with you.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We should do it...just those of us that are interested. We can do another post reminding each other to buy the book in a few weeks and go from there.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    hunee=pyehunee=pye member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didnt hear about the new book but I must have it...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YES!! And I have been reading the excerpts in Essence for the past four months.  So looking forward to it!!!  I also read a screenplay is already in the works....think Whitney will reclaim her role??  Who would take Gregory Hines' character's role?

Count me in for the bookclub.
  • Options
    luckyinloveazluckyinloveaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanna be in the book club! Just tell me when:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love the book club idea.  I'm an avid reader (Black Expressions always gets a chunk of my paycheck) so i'm down...count me in.  I've already pre-ordered my copies and I did NOT know that there were snippets in Essence.  My subscription ended back in March and I haven't renewed it with all this wedding stuff going on.
    He that findeth a wife, findeth a GOOD THING!! small2 small Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards