African American Weddings
Options

Fave Cake Flavor

I'm trying to decide what flavors to request for my next tasting since I am scoping out a new baker...mine has turned flaky on several other brides and we are afraid to risk it. More on that later.

Meanwhile, I have come up with red velvet, almond pound, carrot (FI's cake), and chocolate...our cake will be four tiers so I am at a lost for another favor. My original baker had a flavor called butter, but no one else seems to know exactly what she considered butter.

What is your fave flavor? I want a crowd pleaser...
AAW June Siggy Challenge
My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Fave Cake Flavor

• Options
    ellone400ellone400 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my favorite  is red velvet but these are good too
    white cake with lemon curd and raspberry (fresh or compote/jam)
    German chocolate
    carrot with cream cheese
    chocolate with Bailey's/hazelnut/Oreo mousse
    white or chocolate cake with bavarian cream and dark chocolate ganache
    dreamsicle

chocolate w/peanutbutter
    white w/strawberries
    burnt sugar
    banana and chocolate chips with buttercream frosting
    almond with lemon filling
    chocolate with raspberry fillingChocolate with chocolate
    Yellow with buttercream
    Some ppl I know like buttercream pecan wit h buttercream

Marble w/bavarian creme filling

Chocolate w/ chocolate mousse filling (or raspberry, cherry)

White w/ lemon filling

Chocolate cake with raspberry preserves and chocolate mousse filling
    - Poppyseed cake with lemon curd and cream cheese filling
    - Almond cake with poached pear and bavarian cream filling
    - Chocolate marble jamaicain rum cake with chocolate and hazelnut mousse filling

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A few weeks a go I tried a slice of sweet potato cake for the first time in my life and it was Delicious! I forgot what the frosting was, though.
  • Options
    msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My fav is lemon cake with raspberry filling! FI picked chocolate cake with cream cheese butter cream filling for his tier, I thought it would be really sweet but it wasn't too bad.

Maybe you can do something with a peach flavored filling?
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a big cheesecake fan so we're doing a white cake with cheesecake filling. And I also like german chocolate cake & I've had some pretty good strawberry too.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting tiramisu flavored cake with mocha buttercream filling.  We aren't coffee people, but it tasted so amazing we had to have it! 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    flawlessfayflawlessfay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate cake and am not a big fan of sweets anyway... Back home in Nigeria, They make sponge cake which is SOOOOOOOOOOOO AMAZING..If the bakery can't make sponge cake, i don't care what the cake taste like so will let hubby decide.
    Mrs-Flawless-Pitts
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_fave-cake-flavor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:5d83d0ff-ce26-482a-8554-673bf710af0cPost:5628604d-3cf5-4c09-95df-95c3ffb21d48">Re: Fave Cake Flavor</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are getting tiramisu flavored cake with mocha buttercream filling.  We aren't coffee people, but it tasted so amazing we had to have it! 
    Posted by cincy2011[/QUOTE]

My mouth literally started watering.  I looooooooove Tiramisu!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_fave-cake-flavor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:5d83d0ff-ce26-482a-8554-673bf710af0cPost:2d6a1874-9591-473a-92fb-ffeaa2d4b8a1">Re: Fave Cake Flavor</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fave Cake Flavor : My mouth literally started watering.  I looooooooove Tiramisu!
    Posted by kiyamurph[/QUOTE]

Girllll, we about fell off our chairs when we tasted that cake!  That is the last flavor we thought we'd pick!  I wish you were in Cincinnati, I would literally take you to the bakery so you could get some - it's that good!! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_fave-cake-flavor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:5d83d0ff-ce26-482a-8554-673bf710af0cPost:16290ac0-e23c-4758-9bd0-2515b5c2475b">Re: Fave Cake Flavor</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fave Cake Flavor : Girllll, we about fell off our chairs when we tasted that cake!  That is the last flavor we thought we'd pick!  I wish you were in Cincinnati, I would literally take you to the bakery so you could get some - it's that good!! 
    Posted by cincy2011[/QUOTE]

I'll be home in Columbus during the week of Thanksgiving!  What's the name of the cake shop?  Maybe I'll buy a small cake to have as one of the desserts for Thanksgiving!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_fave-cake-flavor?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:5d83d0ff-ce26-482a-8554-673bf710af0cPost:65178b9a-d60a-4347-9ccc-773167a22815">Re: Fave Cake Flavor</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Fave Cake Flavor : I'll be home in Columbus during the week of Thanksgiving!  What's the name of the cake shop?  Maybe I'll buy a small cake to have as one of the desserts for Thanksgiving!
    Posted by kiyamurph[/QUOTE]

Oh you won't be that far at all!  The bakery is A Spoon Fulla Sugar. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG red velvet, german chocolate, carrot, 7up cake. ALL my fav! in small portions of course LOL
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MY CAKE IS AMARETTO & WITH RASPBERRY FILLING
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards