African American Weddings
Options

NC Brides......

Has anyone shopped at bridal mart? My wedding is in October and I still haven't found THE dress!!! I'm going to be in NC in a few weeks so I plan to make an appt at bridal mart while there. How was your bridal mart experience? Do they have a large selection of dresses?

TIA
April
Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: NC Brides......

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've never been there, but I've heard stories. From what I hear they have a huge selection with great, low prices. The only problem is they don't have private changing rooms. You have to change in front of everyone. That's why I didn't go there. If that doesn't bother you, I say go for it!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to Bridal Mart in Burlington, NC and I think that they have a great selection and pretty good prices.  The staff is friendly and helpful.  I didn't find anything there because I purchased my dress from the Brides Against Breast Cancer gown sale.  'Reka is right, there is no privacy there, and it weirded me out at first, but I got over it.  Just wear nice underwear because I will tell you that I made fun of the chicks wearing nasty drawls LOL!  No, I'm just kidding, I didn't pay any attention to them at all.  I was so worried about making sure that no one got the dress that I had my eyes on.  But you know, you probably should wear the undergarments that you plan on wearing if you have them.  Best of luck to you and let us know the outcome.
  • Options
    msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's fine I will just wear spanx and the strapless bra I have for my day. Thanks so much I will let everyone know how it goes!!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have also been there and I agree with TAM and REKA! I like privacy so I probably won't go back.
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went there, I didn't really like the dresses they had, and it was a bit of sensory overload.  Privacy wasn't the issue, there is alot of dresses, bu tI already had a designer in mind.

I got my dress from a smaller shop.

I would look at more than one place, and you have to remember that you can shop around for good prices as long at the other shops carry dresses from the same designer.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards