African American Weddings
Options

NWR: True Blood & Twilight Fans!!! (Ladylum...)

I admit it, I am a fan of both franchises.

I was first introduced to TF by my oldest son as he had to read the 1st book for English a few years ago...I was like "WTH kinda book is that? It's as thick as a dictionary!!"  Of course my son hated it, so I picked up (being nosey) and started reading and O.M.H.D. (oh my hot damn) I was hooked!  Chile I read the remaining 3 books in 2 wks time; y'all know I'm a grown a$$ woman and I gots stuff to do, so it took me longer to get thru them all compared to a teenager with NO JOB and NO LIFE...hahaha! --- BTW, I'm TEAM JACOB all day er'day; Edward is nice (especially in book 3) but nope I love the underdog, pun intended.

As for TB, oh I had already read all the books about Ms Sookie & 'em before HBO even considered making it into a series.

So my point of this post is - the 3rd Season of TRUE BLOOD starts June 13th on HBO and the 3rd movie of the Twilight Series, ECLIPSE, comes out June 30th = O.M.F.G. (oh my freakin' goodness)!!

When I was a regular on the board, there were a few ladies that were also into these 2 series...sooooo if any of you are interested, I would love to continue my recap posts and insider info (yep I gets the secret ish cuz I got it in good with the studios; i.e. - I stay on my grind with the blogs...LMBAO @ that!) on each series as a way to have fun outside of wedding planning.

So JLMK.

BTW - I pulled several non-viewers on the AAW board into both series because of the insider ish I would post about TB...I'm just saying...LOL!  Wink

Re: NWR: True Blood & Twilight Fans!!! (Ladylum...)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG I miss TRUE BLOOD!! And you know I love me some TWILIGHT!! I can't wait until it hits the Red Box. U know movies be in the Red Box within 2 mths of coming out. I would go to the movies to see it but I'll wait until it comes out. That way I can talk as loud to the screen(cursing Bella out LMAO) as I want to.

BTW!!

TEAM EDWARD!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

dang girl you gotta go to the theaters for ECLIPSE cuz I'm tell you the tent scene is OFF THE MEAT HOOK...trust me when I tell you this...(hint:  you remember that scene from the book, amp it up to where they almost had to rate the movie R, yup!)and you know this movie will take a long time to get to Red Box cuz they wanna drag it out until Part 1 of Breaking Dawn is released - O.M.G.!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    dont care much about twilight, thats the teeny bopper version of vampires. but i love true blood :) cant wait for it in june. and i miss lafayette!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Twilight. I read all 4 books in a week and a half. I can't wait till June 30th.
  • Options
    adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm counting down the days unti True Blood starts again. This season should be interesting.
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    YAY!!!! I can't wait 'til True Blood comes back.  It's going to be good y'all.  What do you think happened to Bill?  Do y'all think Sookie and Bill are actually going to get married?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Twilight!!  I already bought my ticket to see Eclipse June 30!  Team Jacob!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_nwr-true-blood-twilight-fans-ladylum?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:618d2aaf-de64-47d1-bb40-3216becf6a82Post:3d610cf1-985b-40f6-9ff3-73cbe32981d2">Re: NWR: True Blood & Twilight Fans!!! (Ladylum...)</a>:
    [QUOTE]YAY!!!! I can't wait 'til True Blood comes back.  It's going to be good y'all.  What do you think happened to Bill?  Do y'all think Sookie and Bill are actually going to get married?
    Posted by tamtam7[/QUOTE]

did you see the latest trailer?  there was a part where bill called sookie and told her not to try and find him or contact him.. :/ im rooting for eric anyway lol. his loss.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    TamTam - girl go and read the 1st 4 books by Charlaine Harris and you will get your answers (and then some!!) about what's gonna go down for this new season of True Blood...I must warn you though, as with all movies or tv shows that were adapted from a book - the director got creative and so the SHOW is a little different.

The books are really really short so you will finish up a book in a day or so depending on how much you read...

Lovelyaka08 & Adgenya -- I am seriously getting irritated at how long we got until True Blood starts off and of course the director is gonna with an update of what happened to Bill @ the restaurant........now enters COOT and his crew...hmmm did I just give y'all a spoiler?!!! Undecided
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG!!!!!!!!! June is going to be a great month!! Yea my FSIL asked for Twilight for Christmas by New Years she was on the third book..so I jumped on the bandwagon then saw True Blood on t.v. and fell in love...I am dying to know what happens with Sookie and Bill( I think there may be little Eric moment in there) I love me some Vampire Diaries too..
    ~ Planning Bio~
    ~ Married Bio~
    ~ Married August 15, 2010 ~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    All You Need Is Love....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    TrueBelle - girlllllllllllll...Eric is trying hard for that Sookie and hmmm what's this I saw did Sookie pop that P on Eric?!...hmmm, gotta wait and seeSurprised
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Smooth84 - I tried and tried to get into The Vampire Diaries and just couldn't so I decided to just wait until the DVD of the complete series comes out and just watch it in it's entirety to see if it's something I wanna try to get into when the new seasom start.  I am soooo dying to tell y'all some ish about TB but it wouldn't be right so I guess I gotta put 'clues' out and see if y'all figure them out....

(hint:  there are already 3 clues provided in this post and I'm not saying anything else as I don't want to spoil the excitement for those that are interested)
  • Options
    csuperstar02csuperstar02 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love 'em both. I teach junior high; that's how I got into in Twilight. "I did it for the kids, man!" lol knocked those out in a week.

A friend of mine introduced me to Sookie Stackhouse novels. Read 'em all in about 3 weeks.

BUUUUUUT I am having trouble getting into the new book. Is it good?

?Well-behaved women rarely make history.?

?PAL/PGAL Welcome!?

Untitled

?BFP #1~4.29.11 | Blighted Ovum DX~6.2.11 | D&C~6.9.11?

Dx Unicornuate Uterus 4.12

?BFP #2~10.12.12,EDD 6.27.13| 11.8.12 - no growth :(| natural m/c 11.25.12| D&C 2.8.13 ?

• Options
    kkidd28kkidd28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    As long as True Blood is around, I will always have HBO!  I even put Season 2 on my Registry - lol!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Please do not tell the True Blood episodes.
  • Options
    ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Alf, you know I agree with TrueBella when it comes to the Twilight series. Twinkling vampires in sunlight, WTF?! lol

I recently changed my package with cable so I have to catch up on True Blood. Love it though because it reminds me of Kindred from back in the day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My cable bill is high as hell  - just so I can watch TRUE BLOOD!!  They have kept us waiting for far too long....

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I married my soulmate on 10-3-10 :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards