African American Weddings
Options

Taking pics outside, in the damn cold!

First, go Ravens. You see Ray Rice get it in today? :D

So we are leaning towards an early Spring date. It will still be cold here, so wedding pics outside will be interesting. Anyone take pics outside in the cold? How'd did you keep your composure? I hate being cold.

We are HMing in Hawaii and the weather will be in the 70-80s during this time.
January AAW Signature Challenge:Wedding Must-Have: A shot or 4
Photobucket

*insert sarcastic musing here...or jazz hands*

Re: Taking pics outside, in the damn cold!

• Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The first day we did our e-pics, it was cold. And when I took my senior pics, it was cold AND she had me take some pix with my feet in some water! {Granted Houston cold and B-more cold are two totally different colds! lol} I think you guys can pull it off! Try not to think about the cold. It sounds dumb, but it helps.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry that I can't help. I've never taken pictures in the cold. Maybe some of the winter brides will be able to help. Heck, after March, I may be able to help also since Georgia weather is hit or miss around the time of my wedding.

@ Tyboyd - I believe I would have looked at that woman all types of crazy for suggesting wet-toe pics in cold weather. Um...no ma'am. Even if she was paying the doctor bills, she wasn't going take the sneezing, coughing, and fever that could follow that session. You are a good one girl.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Eagles: Wet toe?! NO, both feet in the water, standing on a rock! lol. But the pic was so cute. Believe, I was looking her upside her head, though!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is 1/8/11 and I plan to take pics outside. I know it's going to be freezing but I'll have to suck it up!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageGraphics

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually taking engagement pics next Monday in Ohio and I just know it's going to be freezing when we're doing our outside pics.  I'm kind of worried too as to how they'll come out.

Tyboyd - girl I don't see how you put your feet in water when it was cold.  More than anything, I can't STAND to have cold feet!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Yes yes yes, I took my engagement pics in October at the Jersey Waterfront (of all dayummm places) and in Brooklyn. Can I say that the wind was whipping my azz at that waterfront and the makeup artist hair was flying all over the world. Lashes wouldn't stay on cause of the wind. It was cold but we played it off a bit.

Then in BK walking down the street posing for pics and all yes it was cold. I had on a skimpy dress, no stocking and it was freezing. Mmmm kay!!

I say all this to say you will do fine. One day one special moment go for yours.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all. I will suck it up for a few minutes. But trust, the e-pics...it's going down next summer!
    January AAW Signature Challenge:Wedding Must-Have: A shot or 4
    Photobucket

*insert sarcastic musing here...or jazz hands*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards