African American Weddings
Options

Head table vs. sweetheart table.... which are you doing?

I think i am doing the sweetheart table

Re: Head table vs. sweetheart table.... which are you doing?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing a sweetheart table because I want to spend time with my new hubby at dinner and I want my bridal party to sit with their dates and have fun.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think I'm doing the sweetheart table too! Although FI might be against it.
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sweetheart table, definitely.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Sweetheart table
  • Options
    winter443winter443 member
    edited December 2011
    I'm doing a sweetheart table
    I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio
  • Options
    ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Sweetheart table because most of my bridal party is married or with a significant other.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am doing a head table, I am doing the 60x60 square tables, so we will have part of bridal party sit with us. I have been toying with this idea back and forth, and truthfully it will be an 11th hour decision, mainly because my CP's are so expensive. So we will see. Its great to see what other ladies are doing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sweetheart table. I just want to eat with my FH.
  • Options
    StephB1185StephB1185 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really think I want a sweetheart table... after thinking about the pros and cons - I would much rather my BP be able to sit with their SO's and have a good time with them than be separated and sit with me.  And then we'll have some time to decompress while eating (maybe)... I just don't want people to think it looks 'snotty'...
    "Diversity is the key to life, without it we would be a mindless drone of a single colored spectrum."
  • Options
    prncszprncsz member
    edited December 2011
    Haven't decided. I wanted a head table but now what you all are saying about having the bp sit with their significant others is a good idea. I know I wouldn't want to have to sit at a table alone if my FI was in a wedding.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • Options
    essianessian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are doing a sweetheart table.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also doing a sweetheart table.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sweetheart (but Fi doesn't know it yet. LOL)
  • Options
    gatineaubridegatineaubride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pasma, are you really serious when you say FI doesn't know about it yet? LOL! Is he going to find out on the wedding day?
    I don't have a bridal party so It is a sweetheart table for SURE!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing a Head Table. The plan is to have enough room for everyones spouse to sit with them. Although I might change my mind!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sweet heart table. I want my bp to be able to sit with their husbands, wives or dates.
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_head-table-vs-sweetheart-table-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:6a51503d-63f2-4343-b72c-2598e80246d2Post:9141ebd8-c0db-4185-91d2-ef237474470c">Re: Head table vs. sweetheart table.... which are you doing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pasma, are you really serious when you say FI doesn't know about it yet? LOL! Is he going to find out on the wedding day? I don't have a bridal party so It is a sweetheart table for SURE!
    Posted by gatineaubride[/QUOTE]

Ha! He will find out soon enough...
    I didn't realize you decided not to have a BP. I thought you were considering one person maybe
  • Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    We're also doing a sweetheart table - all of our tables will be round and so it just makes sense to do it that way.
  • Options
    IFEFADIFEFAD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea, i want my wedding party to seat with their dates also
  • Options
    gatineaubridegatineaubride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_head-table-vs-sweetheart-table-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:6a51503d-63f2-4343-b72c-2598e80246d2Post:b08048b4-9056-4458-a9ab-56367b20ca65">Re: Head table vs. sweetheart table.... which are you doing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Head table vs. sweetheart table.... which are you doing? : Ha! He will find out soon enough... I didn't realize you decided not to have a BP. I thought you were considering one person maybe
    Posted by Mypasmita[/QUOTE]

Yeah! I am still having my sister but that is not that many people to call it a bridal party! LOL!
  • Options
    Dollbaby357Dollbaby357 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sweetheart table, funny I just asked him yesterday if he wanted to do the sweetheart table which was my preference or if he preferred a head table, he chose a sweetheart table as well :-)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    StephB1185StephB1185 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Since I posted on here, I decided I should ask FI.... he really didn't seem to care, but liked the idea of the sweetheart table and our WP being able to sit with their SO's (since most of them are married/seriously dating) and to be able to talk and decompress.  He did say he wanted a throne for the table though.. haha
    "Diversity is the key to life, without it we would be a mindless drone of a single colored spectrum."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_head-table-vs-sweetheart-table-doing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:6a51503d-63f2-4343-b72c-2598e80246d2Post:c6e81310-5c8b-47f5-84f4-a61a817ee29c">Re: Head table vs. sweetheart table.... which are you doing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm doing a sweetheart table because I want to spend time with my new hubby at dinner and I want my bridal party to sit with their dates and have fun.
    Posted by missrekaeagle[/QUOTE]

Ditto this.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Our bridal party is small enough where they can sit together with their dates at one table. We will have  2 seats for us at the bridal party table. I don't anticipate us sitting down much to eat. The bridal party table will be in the center of the other tables.

I initially wanted a sweetheart table, however I think I don't want to isolate us from our guests, when so many will travel great distances to be with us. I want us to really ,ix in and make them feel like we are approachable and not off limits.
  • Options
    KnaijaQueenKnaijaQueen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sweetheart table all the way....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards