African American Weddings
Options

Makeup dilemma...

Alright I have been thinking about this for the last two weeks about my makeup look. I have not worn lipstick in years. I am, to this day, a lip gloss type chick but I have been thinking about wearing a nice color lipstick for my wedding day. What do you ladies think about that. What are your feelings about doing something like that? FI and others always see me in lip gloss but never in lipstick. Just wondering what you all thought about this.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Makeup dilemma...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am in the same boat as you I rarely wear lipstick.   I will most likely wear the lipstick for the ceremony and early on for the reception....but when I change into my reception dress go back to what I normally love to wear.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that would be a great idea, just a little something different for your BIG day.
    I am a lip gloss wearer on a daily basis as well, so I know how you feel.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am normally a lip gloss wearer, but I recently put on some lip color and FI loved it! When I did my first make-up trial, I did a little bit of lip color, which gave me a nice look, but not too plain like lip gloss. Overall it was a pretty natural look so I still felt comfy.
  • Options
    OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I normally wear like tinted gloss type I like the wet look compared to lipstick.  I'm probably going to wear lipstick for the wedding.  I suggest just try a few colors until you find one you are comfy with. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies so much. I am putting my deposit down on my makeup person for the day of on Friday. I will speak to her then about a trial run some time in March because the wedding itself is in April. I really didn't want to do just plain lip gloss. I want to wow him that day with something different but not over the top. I have a dark complexion so I really want to make sure that I find a lipstick that will compliment me well as well as one that will go with both my gown and my reception dress. I guess I gotta play around with that one. It's so many new ones out there now. Any recommendations of some good ones? I wear MAC lip gloss but for some reason I am leery of their lipstick. If anyone knows their lip glass, it is sticky. I don't want that feel on my day.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

You might can try Lancome....I get a lot of compliments when I wear their lipstick, plus it has that gloss feel to it. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks P-B Bride, I have heard some good things about them also. Guess that is something I can do over the weekend. give me an excuse to go to the mall Wink
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I always wear lip gloss also but for the wedding I am wearing a nude colored gloss. It has just enough color with making me look different than my regular self.
    Lovin Kimmie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am a self proclaimed lipgloss/ lipstick fool!  You could also try a lipstain- so, after the ceremony you would then just put the gloss on top.  Try NARS, their glosses are not tacky feeling like MAC and the stains are awesome (I thing NARS Boogie Nights or Giza [gloss] would look great on you).  As far as the stains, I cannot recall the name that I think would nice on you but you should check them out...I really like them.  I converted to NARS from MAC after one try, although, I am sure I will cheat from time to time:)  GL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you should def try out a few diff colors, then when you have your trial with the MUA you can have her try out the technique where they use liptstick on the outside portions of your lips and move in with the lipgloss. GL and we want to see pics after your trial!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think that a suttle tint would be nice...fi and fam would probably surprised....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards