Washington-Seattle
Options

Too good not to share!

So I went today to try on some gowns. On the July 2010 board I had asked if I was slacking by not purchasing my gown. Lets just say, they made an impression. My first stop was All That Shimmers in Lakewood. They had some nice gowns. The lady that helped me first was really nice. And then they got busy all of a sudden. And none of the dresses were fitting, they weren't helping me, and then this other lady basically says that i'm too fat for a gown that I had on, which if I had help to lace up it would have fit (she said this behind my back my sister and mom heard her) So needless to say, I got dressed and walked out. My next stop was David's Bridal. I had tried on dresses prior and they were super nice before. I was feeling so bad about all that shimmers that I was pretty scared to go to Davids Bridal. The lady that assisted me was awesome! She helped me get into the dresses (did I mention I've only tried on 2 dresses before today?) The first dress was a mermaid(?) cut. Which was not very flattering. The next dress was the AHA moment. I didn't really think those happened oh BUT THEY DO. My moma started tearing up, I started tearing up. Other customers commented on how great it looked on me. Even a maybe 5 year old boy came up to me to tell me how pretty I looked. (His mom let me actually tell me personally, he mentioned it when they walked in to her) Kids are brutally honest! I love that kid! Haha so needless to say, I BOUGHT MY DRESS!!! And I love it.

Re: Too good not to share!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!! I love the dress part! I'm so sorry you had such a horrible experience! And yet, a little boy was able to (hopefully) make you forget it!
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What a great way for a bad day to end! Congrats on finding the dress - I am sure you do look gorgeous in it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it's super cute the boy said that! :)
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOOHOO!! but where are the pics?!!? What style is it? I need to know the details!! hehe!
    Steph and Brad 10-1-10

"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken".
    See my bio!
  • Options
    dmw_2010dmw_2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad your day ended on a good note!  Congratulations on finding your dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards