African American Weddings
Options

Would you get married on St. Patrick's Day

Ladies I need advice.  The Chapel my FI and I love is available all day on March 17th 2012.  I am thinking really St. Patty's Day???  I am not Irish by the way.  Let me know what you think.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Would you get married on St. Patrick's Day

• Options
    sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Getting married on holidays is not my kind of thing.  I dont mind if its a holiday weekend, like Im doing Memorial Weekend.  Everytime I think about that holiday I associate it with beer and drunks, no disrespect to the Irish.  Its all I ever witnessed when it came to the holiday.
    But if its the only date available within a range of dates that youre looking for I say go for it.  Hopefully none of your colors will be green (j/k).
    image139 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are getting on my nerves!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

What's the next date available?

April Siggy Challenge: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wouldn't but only because its a bday of a close family member...... Just off the fact that its st patricks day alone it wouldn't matter to me because its not a major holiday nor a day I celebrate.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It wouldn't be a big deal to me.  At least it'll be a date that FI could remember!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If thats the date you want (because of some significance) and/ or the only available date, I would definitely go for it. If ya'll don't celebrate St Patrick's Day, it really wouldn't matter. JMO
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wouldn't matter to me - I don't drink and don't wear green that day, so it's just another day to me.  :) 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards