African American Weddings

Vent: What is wrong with people??

So here we go again, with this same girl that I have not seen since high school (over 10 years ago) and have not spoken to on the phone in probably 4 years, writing on my fb wall asking me when is the wedding and saying she hopes she gets an invitation.  She did this a while back when we first got engaged and I ignored her.  That should have been an indication that she's not invited, right?  And I have not been putting any wedding related stuff on fb for this reason.  Ugh the nerve of this chick!  I will probably just ignore her again or send her a private message saying that we can't accomodate any more guests, but what I really want to do is so NO YOU'RE NOT INVITED, DIDN'T YOU GET THE HINT THE FIRST TIME I IGNORED YOU?

ok end vent, lol
~almost Mrs. Reese~

Re: Vent: What is wrong with people??

• In Response to Re:Vent: What is wrong with people??:[QUOTE]So here we go again, with this same girl that I have not seen since high school over 10 years ago and have not spoken to on the phone in probably 4 years, writing on my fb wall asking me when is the wedding and saying she hopes she gets an invitation.nbsp; She did this a while back when we first got engaged and I ignored her.nbsp; That should havenbsp;been an indication that she's not invited, right?nbsp; And I have not been putting any wedding related stuff on fb for this reason.nbsp; Ugh the nerve of this chick!nbsp; I will probably just ignore her again or send her a private message saying that we can't accomodate any more guests, but what I really want to do is so NO YOU'RE NOT INVITED, DIDN'T YOU GET THE HINT THE FIRST TIME I IGNORED YOU?oknbsp;end vent, lol Posted by rsreese[/QUOTE]
    Girl...I understand I seen this lady I used to work with, haven't worked at the job in 3 years, haven't seen her in 3 years. Her and her daughter come into the shop to get their nails done and she says I hear you getting married I know I'm getting an invite ! WTH..forreal ??? I haven't seen or talk to you in 3 years and we was just co workers..sorry but the guest list is closed !! Girl these ppl is a mess !
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • Erase post....Delete AND Block!
    imageAnniversary
  • M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I am with you!!! I do not get it! 
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • I dont get it either!! what the Hockey sticks??
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am going through the same thing. I generally ignore them but one girl was real persistant with it so I had to send her a privae message. This is what I said:

"Hey Shana, we decided to have a very small and intimate wedding pretty much only close family (30 people at most). We are on a very tight budget so alot of our family and friends will be disappointed."

Then get this she actually responded with this:
    • Damn

• I understand though

• Why don't you get married first at city hall and then have a ceremony when it's affordable?

WHA...WHAT? O_o Mind you I went to high school with her, we wasn't really friends neither. Just a hi and bye kind of thing and now every now and then on fb we comment on each others posts or say happy birthday. Wtheck?!

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_vent-what-is-wrong-with-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:72a2344a-e742-42db-abf7-1d74a9ef7d89Post:70062dc3-7322-45ba-a2f8-72ac2e8eef1a">Re: Vent: What is wrong with people??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am going through the same thing. I generally ignore them but one girl was real persistant with it so I had to send her a privae message. This is what I said: "Hey Shana, we decided to have a very small and intimate wedding pretty much only close family (30 people at most). We are on a very tight budget so alot of our family and friends will be disappointed."  Then get this she actually responded with this: Damn I understand though <strong><font color="#ff0000">Why don't you get married first at city hall and then have a ceremony when it's affordable</font></strong>?   WHA...WHAT? O_o Mind you I went to high school with her, we wasn't really friends neither. Just a hi and bye kind of thing and now every now and then on fb we comment on each others posts or say happy birthday. Wtheck?!
    Posted by HardyLove222[/QUOTE]

EXCUSE YOU !!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yes girl! I am kicking myself for actually responding to her foolery.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_vent-what-is-wrong-with-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:72a2344a-e742-42db-abf7-1d74a9ef7d89Post:728c7225-61b7-438b-8053-08736afdc749">Re: Vent: What is wrong with people??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vent: What is wrong with people?? : EXCUSE YOU !!!!!
    Posted by RealHappyGal[/QUOTE]
  • That is just so rude!! I don't understand people!
    imageAnniversary
  • In Response to Re:Vent: What is wrong with people??:[QUOTE]I am going through the same thing. I generally ignore them but one girl was real persistant with it so I had to send her a privae message. This is what I said:"Hey Shana, we decided to have a very small and intimate wedding pretty much only close family 30 people at most. We are on a very tight budget so alot of our family and friends will be disappointed."nbsp;Then get this she actually responded with this:Damn I understand though Why don't you get married first at city hall and then have a ceremony when it's affordable?WHA...WHAT? O_o Mind you I went to high school with her, we wasn't really friends neither. Just a hi and bye kind of thing and now every now and then on fb we comment on each others posts or say happy birthday. Wtheck?! Posted by HardyLove222[/QUOTE]

What in the world?!? See that's exactly why I'm leaning toward ignoring her again cause a response like this will just piss me off!
    ~almost Mrs. Reese~
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_vent-what-is-wrong-with-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:72a2344a-e742-42db-abf7-1d74a9ef7d89Post:70062dc3-7322-45ba-a2f8-72ac2e8eef1a">Re: Vent: What is wrong with people??</a>:
    [QUOTE] This is what I said: <u>"Hey Shana, we decided to have a very small and intimate wedding pretty much only close family (30 people at most)..... alot of our family and friends will be disappointed." </u> 
    Posted by HardyLove222[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>This was really good, girlie. I'm going to use this but this is what I am going to say. It has nothing do with money, just the fact you didn't make the list. Thanks again. 

</div>
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Lmbo! That will work too

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_vent-what-is-wrong-with-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:72a2344a-e742-42db-abf7-1d74a9ef7d89Post:6939b85c-8375-40dc-b6db-e6ce083c82bd">Re: Vent: What is wrong with people??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vent: What is wrong with people?? : This was really good, girlie. I'm going to use this but this is what I am going to say. <strong>It has nothing do with money, just the fact you didn't make the list. Thanks again. </strong>
    Posted by keyaira04[/QUOTE]
  • Yeah...I'm not answering anyone else. I'll just delete their comments and move on...

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_vent-what-is-wrong-with-people?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:72a2344a-e742-42db-abf7-1d74a9ef7d89Post:671dbdff-fcb4-4200-9b4d-9bfe53f45415">Re:Vent: What is wrong with people??</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Vent: What is wrong with people??: What in the world?!? <strong>See that's exactly why I'm leaning toward ignoring her again cause a response like this will just piss me off!</strong>
    Posted by rsreese[/QUOTE]
  • lol keyaira! Maybe I should say "I invited 200 people, you're just not one of them."
    ~almost Mrs. Reese~
  • Why do people have to be so RUDE?!  Undecided  Ya'll please continue to put these people on igg!
    So far this hasn't happened to me yet but if it did it's about to be a rude awakening!  lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards