African American Weddings
Options

Darn baby bug...

It has hit me again! When it hits, it HITS! Anyone else antsy to start reproducing? ;)
AAW June Siggy Challenge
My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Darn baby bug...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey at least your only a month away from your wedding. I have 7 months to go and one of my bridesmaids is pregnant right now so I'm in the middle of planning her baby shower and helping her with setting up the baby room.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GIRL, when you said it "hit you", I thought you were about to say you were preggo. I almost died at work! lol. Well... that baby bug ain't hit me! hahaha
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope has not hit me yet but I feel it coming every time I see a baby but I take my medicine and shake it off Its not time yet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope it hasn't hit but I feel it creepin up on me!

@Ty I thought the same thing! I was thinking well at least she only has a month to go and shouldn't be showing too bad and have to change dresses...LOL

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope...we are in our period of abstinence right now so unless breathing on me makes babies...no way I'm preggo. I think every other friend that I talk to is though.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_darn-baby-bug?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:7562f6dc-cc2e-41d6-ab3d-6ae277c5ad88Post:effd64b7-758e-4b44-be1f-be9acf7faee9">Re: Darn baby bug...</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>GIRL, when you said it "hit you", I thought you were about to say you were preggo.</strong>I almost died at work! lol. Well... that baby bug ain't hit me! hahaha
    Posted by tyboyd[/QUOTE]

That's the first thing I thought also!

Baby bug hasn't hit me yet but it has hit my FI. We have a nephew coming any day now and another one coming in May so maybe he will be content with them for a little while
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I get it every once in a while, but then I remember that I have over a year left in school and it brings me back to reality lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hotrocker2011hotrocker2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its hits me every once in a while, but we well I have agreed not until after the wedding...Fi still wana keep  trying he so hard head...lol
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hasn't hit me yet, but I'm settled on our plan which is to wait about a year after getting married.  Then we'll starting trying for a family...
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOL- been caught it...Wink we're ahead of the curve?? lolol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cyndoncyndon member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @Eagles -we are doing the celibate thing too, so if i pop up preggo, just call me Mary.

It hit me for a brief moment today.  Bed Bath and Beyond has a new store here in Cincy called Buy Buy Baby and my MOH and I went in there today and it hit me while I was in there for about 5 minutes.  Then i realized all the stuff that this baby is going to need and how it's really going to cut into my shoe and purse fetish, so I came out of that moment real quick.  We can't wait year, LOL.  Although, FI wants to start now!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The bug hits me off and on. Hubby and I are trying in June after our anniverary! My whole wedding partywas preggo when I got married. I dont know if that has ever happen before????Three days in a row one was calling to tell me they were pregnant.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OOO wee!! That dag-on baby bug. It hits me too often. We are a year away and have 3 people expecting now (a married BM and GM and a GM's wife). Both due in July. They were busy.
    Resist the babies and don't watch too much TLC!
    " he's the perfect rhyme to a tight beat." Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I thought that too. I get the bug then I babysit my friend's 3 year old and poof Im cured lol
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    DancerppfDancerppf member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

3 close friends of mine are pregnant and one just had a baby. So while I'm extremely happy for them my selfish side feels somewhat cheated. We just got together Saturday and it was my first time with all my girls since the engagement and no one asked to see my ring like we usually do. It as all baby talk. I'm excited for them though, its just difficult financially planning a wedding and throwing a baby shower and have to purchase gifts for two others while undergoing the expense of a wedding. In addition 2 of them can't make it to my destination wedding and the one that just gave birth is unsure because she can't perceive leaving her daughter. The baby boom is in full effect.

• Options
    hatroopeshatroopes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It hit me a while back, but all I need to shake it off is to babysit my friends baby, then I'm back to normal. We plan on trying right after the wedding - I think FI got it worse than me right now since his brother is having a baby in May
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    EsquireJLEsquireJL member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not me! FI and I are going to wait at least three years.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Im 35 and FI is 45 in our case I already have 2 boys and FI has 1 so we are done!! I have 2 nieces and a neice/nephew on the way, there enough for me! Altho I do sometimes see a baby and think awww I want one, but I snap out of it real quick lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought you were pregs for a minute. A lot of people I know have gotten bitten by the peggo bug, so many people around me just found out they are pregs.

The baby big has hit me and my FI, we both are always talking about babies and our future children already have names. We plan to wait until a year after the wedding to try.
    Photobucket
    "Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
    Janae & Olivier

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope. Hasn't really hit me yet. I am 33 but we plan on waiting until next year to start trying. I want to first see what its like to live with FI before I bring a baby in the mix.
    Plus whenever I start thinking "a baby would be a pleasant addition", I go home to MA and hang out with my nephews. Ummm...yeah...that always causes me to pause and go..."yeah a pleasant addition in the future!"
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope!! I have a cousin who is due the day after my birthday and it's a girl.  I'm hoping the baby comes just a day early and I think she wants me to be in the delivery room with her so I'm GTG!  
    80 said yes image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    NOOOOOOOOOOO... no bug has bit me and I know it wont for at least 3 years, we will be god parents in July soon after our wedding so that should keep us occupied.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope hasn't hit me! At times it did, but I am in a selfish point of my life right now and it's unfair for us to bring a child into this world and not be fair to him/her

We're waiting about 3-4yrs to have kids and I am 100% cool with that

272image Invited
    222image Accepted
    50image Can't Hang
    0 image Just won't be attending PERIOD
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YES! I have it bad! I was shopping with FMIL yesterday and kept "'awwing" over every little girl dress and little boy Sperries! LOL!!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    it has for me...we  are trying to concived a honeymoon baby...I am so patient but gosh seeing everyone else around me pregnant, it seems like my baby bug won't go away...lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ME!!!! FI will be 31 & I'll be 30. So...yep...I've caught the baby bug & I'm keeping it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought I was the only one :) My FI wants a conceive really bad. I've contemplated conceiving for a while now. I think the only thing that is holding me back is that my wedding isn't until May 2012. If I get pregnant now, I would have to share my wedding planning with planning the arrival of a baby. The other thing would be trying to lose the baby weight in time for the wedding. Decisions, decisions, decisions....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have it bad! LOL We already have an (almost) 3 year old who has been asking for a "stister" and mommy is ready to give him one. However, FI wants to wait at least 2 years. Umm... We'll revisit that in about a year. LOL I will be 37 this year and I only have so many good years left, only so many quality eggs, and so much patience. So I hope he'll be ready to start on this project the first of next year. I would LOVE to do it by 38!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards