African American Weddings

Sad but still excited!

Maybe sad is a bad word choice. I rebudgeted the wedding today. I cut it from 10k to a little over 7k. There are things we would have liked to do like ride in a limo or stayed in the honeymoon suite two nights instead of one. However, I kept basics "needs" and cut "really wants" in half. Other "wants" just had to go. But at least I know we can pay for it June 2013 and not go into debt. Thats whats most important. Just venting, I suppose.
Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

Re: Sad but still excited!

• Well on the plus side, You'll have 3 grand in your pocket for "fun" or bills. lol. I know, i'm no help.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • This is a great thing! And I say congratulations...you don't have to go into debt to get married and you shouldn't. You and future hubby must have a great foundation...proud of you two!!!

Cha
    click here to view our Amazing Love wedding website Anniversary
  • Girl nothing is wrong with a budget at ALL!! Do as much as you can to cut the budget in all ways....nothing wrong with saving over $3K at all!
  • I will say congrats!!! You realized what you needs and wants were.  You cut back on the wants! I know it had to be hard, but you will be saving a lot of money and you want have to start off your marriage being 3K in debt.  Congrats!!
    **I am getting married to Mr. Wonderful on 11/3/2012**
  • I completely understand.. We plan to have everything paid off before the wedding.. So there is NO DEBT afterwards..
    CONGRATS!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_sad-but-still-excited?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:7a5bc31e-3214-41ec-93ad-f1b03c1eec9bPost:177cc542-89c2-431b-9ef2-fb3e81df21d0">Re: Sad but still excited!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I completely understand.. We plan to have everything paid off before the wedding.. So there is NO DEBT afterwards.. CONGRATS!!!
    Posted by nursing2u[/QUOTE]

This!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Simply Fabulous!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_sad-but-still-excited?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:7a5bc31e-3214-41ec-93ad-f1b03c1eec9bPost:58fd4353-6bdc-4cb9-93bc-47867cb130e6">Re: Sad but still excited!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well on the plus side, <strong>You'll have 3 grand in your pocket for "fun" or bills</strong>. lol. I know, i'm no help.
    Posted by footballwife77[/QUOTE]

THIS! Plus you don't know what nice surprises you may get in the form of checks :)
    image180 Made the cut!
    image 129 Ready to drop it like its HOT!
    image 7 Found something else to do
    image 44 Are just plain RUDE!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest November 2012 - October Siggy Challenge image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards