African American Weddings

Favors

I probably asked this before but what are you giving as favors if you're giving any? I was going to do the personalized m&m's in a monogramed tin or box etc. but now I'm not so sure, I feel like I should give something better or different.  I don't know! lol
I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio

Re: Favors

• edited December 2011
    We are doing a photobooth and guests get the pictures they have taken and those will be their favor. GL
  • edited December 2011
    I'm making French Macaroons. They are labor intensive, but they look so nice and taste so good when they are made correctly.
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing a Photo Booth and a candy Buffet.
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
  • adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Photo booth and Oreo cookies (which FI is known for among his friends and family)
  • edited December 2011
    We have bubbles, so far....thinking of something else.  I'd love to do the photobooth, but it's not in the budget at this point.
    Bio (updated 4/3/10 with invitations) AAW Board Brides
    500 invitedimage 301 acceptedimage 101 declinedimage

RSVP date: April 23rd Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Great ideas, i think i am going ot go with edible favors (like pecan pralines), think about what you would like to take home from someones wedding. I know I always enjoy soemthing tasty...the photobooth is a great idea too.
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing a candy/dessert bar along with a cigar roller.
  • OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

there's a local choclatier we plan to visit they have chocolate truffles made with port, and a cherry blossom truffle.  They also have these Italian jellied candies that they make with wine from one of our fav wineries.  We're going to make an appointment with them and do a tasting but our favors will be one of these candies. 

• Dnyce7282Dnyce7282 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We're doing a candy buffet & a lottery scratch off ticket for "Lucky In Love" which is kinda like our tagline

• TINAMMTINAMM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing shortbread cookies with edible images , the images are of a damask print the other is a purple calla lily(in photos), we are also doing a desert bar and we are giving our guest totebags filled with local stuff since ALL our guest are from oot.

• jlstewartjlstewart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have decided to not have favors at the reception since we will be doing a pretty full OOT bag for all of our guests as we are having a destination wedding. Our OOT bag will include treats from Chicago and NY (our home towns) as well as a tin of personalize M&M's in our wedding colors.
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing either a Photobooth, or wedding cookies...(Man's suit, and a wedding dress) we will also probably use the cookies as place cards as well...
  • edited December 2011
    We had a photo station (similar to a photobooth) and chocolates as our favors.
  • cosmicgirlndccosmicgirlndc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can't go wrong with edible favors.   They're the only things you KNOW won't get left behind.   I had pecan pralines (each was shaped like a heart) and those things vanished, even the extras... lol. 
  • edited December 2011

We are doing small tea and coffe bags that will say Jacob & Shaquita the perfect blend. and later a candy buffet. I loved Dynce idea I might look in to that.
  • cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are donating to a local hospital in lieu of wedding favors.  FI and I are both into community service/volunteering, so we decided that best reflected us.  The money we would have used for favors will go to the Cincinnati Children's Hospital.  We got business cards done at Vista Print (for free of course!) that we customized with a cool background design and wording that went something like this:

Thanks for your love and support as we begin our new life together!  In lieu of wedding favors, we have donated to the Cincinnati Children's Hospital in honor of our guests.

Love,
    Darian + Camille
    June 25, 2011
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Love Cincy's favor idea!!  Because our wedding is a movie/theatre themed event, we are doing a popcorn bar & giving a music CD (our soundtrack) as favors.
  • edited December 2011
    We are doing travel candle tins with our monogram stickers on top..
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We're doing shot glasses with a pic of fi and I that my bfs fi drew up for us. And we're doing the miniature hershey bars with our initials and wedding date on them,
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • Stackeye210Stackeye210 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did flower seed packets.  I made them myself and they turned out super cute.  The flower seed was, "love in the mist" flower.  I've actually had guests send me pictures of their flowers when they grew over the summer.  I picked a flower seed that they could basically just throw on the ground and it'd find a way to grow, no maintenance or special care was required. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards