African American Weddings
Options

Silver Linings...kinda long.

Hey y'all. I haven't been on much because things have been hectic and borderline stressful for the last few days or so. Some wedding related, some not, but it is all a headache just the same. I didn't come to complain though...just wanted to thank those of you who sent me a text or PM or FB message checking on me. These knottie-ships certainly do crossover into the realm of friendships and for that I am grateful.

I will have to do my best to catch up on what I've missed and search for a siggy pic since I don't have one of what mine should look like.

I don't have any recent checks, but I did have some pleasant surprises over the past day or two (hence my silver linings thread title) that I want to share:

1st - I disputed something on my credit report thinking that it was a shot in the dark since I didn't have many details...they investigated and took it off. My credit was fine even with the disputed item, but who wouldn't appreciate a 18 point jump in your score?!? I sure did. I think some of it came from paying down some things when FI and I pulled our reports, but I'm guessing them taking the item off helped as well.

2nd - I thought I had lost the receipt from where I bought all 8 pairs of shoes for my bridal party on my credit card. We ended up having to go with different shoes since these are nowhere near the color of the swatch. I went crazy looking for it for two days then said a little prayer before losing hope and lo and behold, it turned up all sticky with spilled fruit juice in the bottom of the teacher bag that I carry my snacks in. Go figure...

3rd - A friend of mine sent me a text today saying that my FI and I were featured on a new local online bridal guide. I sent info a while back at the request of my planner and we were featured. Here is the link: www.oh-brides.com. Warning: These are pics from the engagement session that I hated...the one that led to me switching photographers so it's nothing great, but it made me smile anyway. They also have a typo which irks me, but for today, I will say "WHATEVER" to that too!

Hope you all are well. Miss you much and as soon as God sees me through this holding pattern, I will be back to chat with you all and clog up the boards as usual with my randomness. :)
AAW June Siggy Challenge
My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Silver Linings...kinda long.

• Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GREAT things happening for you! Missed ya on the board, but that's why I have your number... Cool
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Congratulations on all of your unexpected blessings...and all of your pictures were quite lovely....Nice colors...Kelly Green and Tangerine

• Options
    ellone400ellone400 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank for you posting that website! It's great to see a wedding website just for Georgia brides! And the section about you and your FI looks great...love the pics! Glad everything is getting better. I was worried about you and that's why I had to check up on you today! If you need anything you know I'm just right down the road!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageGraphics

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Awww..I'm so happy for you hun.  I'm so glad blessings are flowing your way. Lord knows you deserve them!!
    He that findeth a wife, findeth a GOOD THING!! small2 small Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I am glad to hear about your recent blessings and love your engagement pictures and write up.  I pray all that other stuff works it's self out!!!  Keep your head up more blessings are coming your way!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks y'all. Think God has a way of letting us know that He doesn't forget what we're going through and that He won't put any more on us than we can bear.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awwww so glad you came back even if it is just for a second. Those pictures are pretty your hair looked like FIYAH  and the two of you looked so happy. GOD will always work it out. So keep praying and I am sure we are all looking forward to your upcoming clogging! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, shesheduke. :) I am trying to figure out what to do with my hair for the next session. I think he wants it curly and I kind of do too, but I'm SCURRED! ;)
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards