African American Weddings
Options

Flower girl dress..PIP

Ladies

I think I have found my flower girl dresses.  Those are purple petals in the bottom of the gown. One flower girl is 4 adn the other is 9(will be almost 10 at the time of the wedding).  Do you think this is too childish for the 9 yr old...what are your thoughts??  Also my Aunt used  a similar type flower girl dress for her wedding about 4 yrs ago...should I not copy her style?

TIA

Re: Flower girl dress..PIP

• Options
    I love that dress! I am looking for flower girls dresses too and was going to go on that website this morning. I found one that I like but its like $109 on DB, and I refuse to have the mother of the FG spend that much on a dress that she will most likely only wear once.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What web site did you get the dress from?
    gggg
  • Options

Check out www.GirlsDressLine.com

Yes i think $109 for a flower girl dress IS expensive for the dress to be worn only once. One of my FG mother is a BM too so i am keeping that in mind when I am looking for the FG dresses. 

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_flower-girl-dresspip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:865ed073-8ba1-4f34-ab8c-8c677b4856abPost:76369cac-f699-4dd2-baf1-782551002716">Re: Flower girl dress..PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Check out <a href="http://www.GirlsDressLine.com" rel="nofollow">www.GirlsDressLine.com</a> Yes i think $109 for a flower girl dress IS expensive for the dress to be worn only once. One of my FG mother is a BM too so i am keeping that in mind when I am looking for the FG dresses. 
    Posted by Misskin[/QUOTE]

Girl, God had a plan when he had you post this. I found my FG dress and at a fabulous price! Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_flower-girl-dresspip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:865ed073-8ba1-4f34-ab8c-8c677b4856abPost:457c1156-72c8-453b-a1e8-7550e3b0af35">Re: Flower girl dress..PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flower girl dress..PIP : <strong>Girl, God had a plan when he had you post this. I found my FG dress and at a fabulous price! Thank you!
    </strong>Posted by egammo3[/QUOTE]

Your welcome.  The prices are great on there.  I am lucky enough to live in the same city as the store so I am hoping I can take the FG to the location and try on some dresses.
  • Options
    That's my flower girl's dress as well only in ivory and lilac. My flower girl is 4. I bought mine from a dress shop in a nearby mall. 
  • Options
    I think that's my flower girl dress too!  Mine is all white though.  My mom purchased for us from a store in Cali.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    So pretty! i wish i had a flower girl!
  • Options
    Thank You I am going to ordered my Fg dresses soon and I think I am going to use this site
  • Options
    Sophia1913Sophia1913 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I love that FG dress.  My friend had a similar dress for her FGs except the petals were yellow.  Great check.

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I think the dress is beautiful.... and I wouldnt care if anyone else had a similar dress.
    About the 9year old.... I would show it to her and ask her if she likes it... if its a no, then maybe something in reverse?? purple dress, white sash and less puffy. 
    If she says she likes it then... TADAAAH!! 

I think its a really beautiful dress,  Makes me wish I had a flower girl but, I have no lil girls in my circle.. :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_flower-girl-dresspip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:865ed073-8ba1-4f34-ab8c-8c677b4856abPost:ed9572b5-dfeb-4502-bbf3-3753244e244e">Flower girl dress..PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ladies I think I have found my flower girl dresses.  Those are purple petals in the bottom of the gown. One flower girl is 4 adn the other is 9(will be almost 10 at the time of the wedding).  Do you think this is too childish for the 9 yr old...what are your thoughts??  Also my Aunt used  a similar type flower girl dress for her wedding about 4 yrs ago...should I not copy her style? TIA
    Posted by Misskin[/QUOTE]

This Is adorable Dress!!!
  • Options
    That dress is ab fab! Congrats on your choice. I got my FG dress from Burlington Coat Factory. They have an American Princess line. It was beautiful and affordable.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Very pretty dress. On the 10 year old. I agree with PP about asking her. My future step-daughter will also be 10 (as will my son on the wedding day), and we were planning for them to be junior bridesmaid and junior groomsman (he's already 5 feet tall)... 

• Options
    I think this dress is adorable, great choice!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Gorgeous dress!!!! I love this website. I was looking at DB too and the dress I liked was over $100 too!! Def will use this site!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards