African American Weddings
Options

invitation size

I have searched and found the perfect invitation BUT it is smaller then i want.  most online sites have the same 5 1/2 x 7... , is this the standard size? 

can anyone tell me of any sites that have reasonable elegant invitations?  I have killed goggles resources.

Re: invitation size

• Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that's pretty standard. Are you wanting them to do you whole invitation or you're going to DIY them?
  • Options
    abarnabasabarnabas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

The whole invitation.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well I went the DIY route and closed mine measure 6x6. The design was 5x7 but I revamped it with my own measurements.
  • Options
    aghouston86aghouston86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ya I'm doing the 5x7 pocketfold with enclosures look, but I would say that what you have listed is pretty standard.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    halfpin21halfpin21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_invitation-size?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:884beca9-7dd8-4053-9bca-a676bc2a1bedPost:44fb2553-1042-498a-b547-b42e8371e8b0">invitation size</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have searched and found the perfect invitation BUT it is smaller then i want.  most online sites have the same 5 1/2 x 7... , is this the standard size?  can anyone tell me of any sites that have reasonable elegant invitations?  I have killed goggles resources.
    Posted by abarnabas[/QUOTE]

I ordered mine from Not Just Invitations <<<a href="http://www.notjustinvitations.com" target="_blank">website clicky</a>>>.  She's a distributor for brands like Checkerboard, Birchcraft Studios, Carlson Craft and Encore.  These are top of the line elegant invitations that you usually need to go to a stationary store to purchase via catalog.  Her prices are much lower than what you would fine there and her service is TOP KNOTCH!  I compared her prices with several others including someone local and I saved approximately $1000 (probably more b/c she gave me free shipping as well) going with her.

EDITED TO ADD: My invites were larger than 5X7 not by much but enough to still qualify me for normal postage rates with USPS.
  • Options
    StarLesStarLes member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The Stylish Scribe (thestylishscribe.com) will completely customize invitations for you (so I would guess that you could get whatever size you want).  I got my boarding pass invitations from here and love them.  Also, check out Wedding Paper Divas (weddingpaperdivas.com).  I used them for my STDs and thought they were reasonably priced (again, not sure on size, but they have tons of stuff to choose from so I would think they have varying sizes). 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 48 Invited image7 Coming to party image0 Missing the fun image 41 Not Replied
    RSVP Date:May 16, 2011
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards