African American Weddings
Options

3 Days...

...10 hours, 31 minutes???

(@&#)!&#!)~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why have I not even THOUGHT about programs?!?!!!!

Re: 3 Days...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG!!! Just kidding..just breathe!! Im sure this is something that your family can help you with. You have a timeline of what is suppose to happen right? Come up with a design on your computer (there are several sites with program templates as well) and print them either at home or you can go to kinkos and get them to do it for you. I know you are probably super stressed..since your wedding is only a few days away..but you can get this done, especially if you get help from your bridal party and family!! Positive knottie vibes!!
    Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, take a deep breath and everything will be just fine.
    www.letsmakeitofficial.weebly.com updated 1/24/11 OOOOooohhh, Mrs. WILSON
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_3-days-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:8ad3db0b-2fd5-401d-b376-517d904a77c8Post:e85a16d3-e9ac-4bed-879c-48df0d5cb9d1">3 Days...</a>:
    [QUOTE]...10 hours, 31 minutes??? (@&#)!&#!)~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why have I not even THOUGHT about programs?!?!!!!
    Posted by BlutifulScorpion[/QUOTE]
    Dont stress!!! Breath girl and once you are calm just go to staples, michaels or joanns and just print a quickie up. Just remember they are not really needed unless you are doing a church service.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Let me play devil's advocate here...you don't NEED them! Unless you're doing something seriously out of the ordinary, your guests will follow along and it will still be great. I am almost at the point of talking myself out of them. If you decide to do them though, do a post here to ask for a template and keep it simple then get them printed at like Office Depot or UPS Store (cheaper, I found out) or Kinkos...they can cut them too usually and you're done. Bottom line...nothing to stress here. Just breathe and focus.

Congrats love...you're almost there!
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hugs and good wishes sent your way. Your wedding will be FAB with or without programs!
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    you dont need them.... your wedding will go on without them perfectly.... programs, menu cards... those are extra details. You will be fine!
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • Options
    csuperstar02csuperstar02 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha. I agree with PP: breathe and then decide if you really want them. If you do, you can easily whip something up on the computer or get a kit from Michael's/Hobby lobby/Target etc.

I would say that if you do want them, then knock them out and get them out of the way. I had mine finished and covers made but woke up at 7 the morning of my wedding to head to Office Depot to get them printed out and cut o_0
    My friends put them together while we were getting makeup done.

DON'T do that to yourself! ha (or your BMs!)

?Well-behaved women rarely make history.?

?PAL/PGAL Welcome!?

Untitled

?BFP #1~4.29.11 | Blighted Ovum DX~6.2.11 | D&C~6.9.11?

Dx Unicornuate Uterus 4.12

?BFP #2~10.12.12,EDD 6.27.13| 11.8.12 - no growth :(| natural m/c 11.25.12| D&C 2.8.13 ?

• Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the 3 days. Don't stress the programs sending positive vibes your way and your wedding will be great with or without programs. Cant wait to see pics!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Y'all are so sweet!!!! I'm back to worrying about setting my "Out of Office" voicemail, packing the last few items for both the wedding week and honeymoon, paying bills so the lights are still on when we get back, charging my cell phone for the drive to Florida tomorrow, and about twelve other things I'm sure I'm forgetting about. I'm just praying I don't run out of here in the morning without my wedding dress. LOL!

We aren't having a church ceremony but there are a couple different things we're doing during the service. I know my mama and my auntie will just faint if there isn't a program. LOL! Seriously...I hope I am able to get one hammered out by Wednesday to drop off at the printers. If not, no sweat, right??

I am just ready to get to the honeymoon and relax!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_3-days-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:8ad3db0b-2fd5-401d-b376-517d904a77c8Post:3c73bbb4-6836-48cc-b671-63a38594e64b">Re: 3 Days...</a>:
    [QUOTE]haha. I agree with PP: breathe and then decide if you really want them. If you do, you can easily whip something up on the computer or get a kit from Michael's/Hobby lobby/Target etc. I would say that if you do want them, then knock them out and get them out of the way. I had mine finished and covers made but woke up at 7 the morning of my wedding to head to Office Depot to get them printed out and cut o_0 <strong>My friends put them together while we were getting makeup done.</strong> DON'T do that to yourself! ha (or your BMs!)
    Posted by csuperstar02[/QUOTE]

Luv this idea! Time to recruit some friends & family to help put the programs together. Like others said, just keep it simple. Don't worry or stress too much....it'll get done. Congrats!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards