African American Weddings
Options

RSVP Vent

Why can't people drop their RSVP in the mail?  I addressed them and put a stamp on them!  All you have to do is write your name, what you want to eat, stick it in the envelope and drop it in the mail!  I know that's asking a heck of a lot, but seriously are you sooooo busy you can't do that in the 3 weeks you've had the invite.  Let's see how you feel when you get to the reception and realize you don't get any food!  Or better yet when my DOC says sorry you aint on the list step away from the door.  People are actually going to make me take time out of planning and track their butts down and slap them.  Sigh.  OK thanks ladies.  

Re: RSVP Vent

• Options
    essianessian member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I know.... that must be frustrating! I'm looking to mail  my invites next week and I am sure I would run into some of these people. Just relax, take a deep breath and call them to remind them if necessary:)

• Options
    edited December 2011

Im so dreading this part. And I know it will be all of fi's family. They didnt even rsvp to our engagement party. It drove my moh crazy, since she was the one thowing it and was on a budget.

Sorry that you have to deal with this crap. Frown

Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • Options
    OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I sent a nicely worded email reminding people to please send in their RSVPs.  The next reminder will involve a taser 
  • Options
    winter443winter443 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOL@the taser!  People seem to not have a clue!  They will probably wait until the last minute. (so annoying).  I just sent out invites so I'm dreading this RSVP process.
    I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OFF-taser lol.!!!! You do not play, but I dont blame you!
  • Options
    TINAMMTINAMM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OFF I agree with you 100%! My rsvp date is Mar 21 since I don't have to give the caterer a final head count until Apr 3 However out of the 35 invites I mailed out I have only recieved back 7!!! Thats right 7! Do these people realize how much postage was for those dang invites and to not write your name and stick it in the mail is just pure laziness!!!!  I told  everyone and I am so serious if I don't have your rsvp you wil NOT get a plate at the reception or a seat at the ceremony! We are having a plated dinner service no buffet so they think they can just try and slip in nope! No rsvp no plate! as simple as that. I am so sick of these people I wish they just get some get right in their systems and get on the ball!
  • Options
    ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    (raising hand guiltily) I am one of those people who forget to send RSVP but if you tell me it's online, I'll do it in a heartbeat. We are using website, phone and facebook to do our RSVPs.
  • Options
    gatineaubridegatineaubride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree with you all ladies. Being involved in my BFFwedding, I learned that our people are not good with RSVP; too much work for them! LOL. Therefore I will be creating an email account and people will just have to go and respond online. Hopefully that will work better!
  • Options
    OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    TINAMM-- OK!  I just sent out an email saying it would be a shame for you to go hungry at the reception.  It also upsets me that since this is a small wedding and we only invited close friends that these people can't be more on the ball.  I am not afraid to tell someone once March 20th comes and goes that I'm sorry I've already submitted my final numbers and can't make any changes.  They better not try me.   
  • Options
    TINAMMTINAMM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OFF I totally feel you. We are only having 50 people, you would think they would get it together, but I too just sent a nicely worded email so hopefully everyone gets the point. Fingers crossed for you and me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OFF and TINAMM I really hate you ladies are having to deal with this.  I am sure they will get the message or will be taser as they have been warned. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OH OFF, sorry to hear that. Good thing you sent a reminder email and you may have to call a few people cause that's just how it goes. Sorry for the added headache!
  • Options
    jlstewartjlstewart member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OFF I am venting right along with you. Just 30 days out and I still have 39 people that have not replied. Got a call from one person today saying he didn't know how to RSVP. Hmm, let me see, you check the little box on the response card that say's "I will attend", you put said card in the stamped envelope I provided and you stick that in the mailbox. How hard is that? I guess I can't be too hard on him though because at least he called to say he was coming versus the remaining 38 folks that have ignored my invitation all together. Given that we are having a destination wedding all of my guests have to already know if they are coming or not.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have ALL yall BEAT!!!!  LOL!!!  We sent pre-stamped postcardsfor our guests to RSVP.  They are worded:

"We have reserved ____ seats in your honor"
    Name (s) of guests:

Wefilled the blank in with a specific number for each guest (i.e. 1,2, 3, etc.)  Please tell me why....WHY....some of our guests have CROSSED OUT the number we wrote and put a DIFFERENT NUMBER!!!!!??????  That is just all kinds of RUDE!!!!!!!!!  And yes...I politely changed it back and they not even ASK to bring any additional people.  Perhaps if they'd asked FIRST, we could have been more accomodating,  Auuuugghhh!!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards