Washington-Seattle
Options

Who is doing your alterations?

Who are you having do your alterations and why? What are you having done?
BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!

Re: Who is doing your alterations?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I have contacted one of them. For what I want.. it will cost me approximately $250... i don't think that included a bustle... ah!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i used deb, i wasn't 100% satisfied. but i chose deb because i could never get a hold of darcy on the phone...i called at least 3 times before i actually got somebody (not darcy), and nobody had ever called me back when i left messages..

deb's was expensive, and two of the 4 dresses we had her work on was crooked =P . she fixed one on the spot, but we didn't notice the other and we just dealt with it since it wasn't THAT bad, but noticeable as the wearer. she was too far away for us (located in ballard) so we just let it go.
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My whole WP had their dresses altered with Darcy. We are picking up our dresses tomorrow so I can let you know how they turn out. I thought she has been really great. Lots of fun, and had some great ideas to make our dresses look even better. We all bought our jewelry from her as well. She did an amazing job helping us put the whole look togther.
    I'm sorry to hear Jennlin had a problem getting ahold of her. I've had quick responses from her. HTH!
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm probably going with a Tacoma alterations person, Elizabeth Parks Tailoring (http://www.tacomaalterations.com/).  I don't want to drive to Seattle for fittings.  Beth used to be the alterations person at the Wedding Bell, and there are some good reviews of her online, and no bad ones that I could find.

Oh, and unless I lose a shitton of weight, I'll just need a bustle and the halter strap done.  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mommy! Sorry that totally does not help you. But I'm happy about it! Smile*shruggin shoulders**
    Steph and Brad 10-1-10

"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken".
    See my bio!
  • Options
    Kaye SmithKaye Smith member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I've gotten all of my bridesmaid dresses (from weddings past) altered at a shop in Beacon Hill in Seattle - Kevin Tran.  He has worked miracles for cheap!  If I need any alterations, I plan on going back to him!

• Options
    teacherpigletteacherpiglet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Carla at Quality Cleaners in Sumner.  I paid $300(which includes tax) to have cap sleeves adjusted, bust line smoothed out, sides smoothed, dress cleaned (bought off the rack), hemmed, crinoline steamed out and bustle.  Had I gone to DB where I bought my dress, it would have been $100 just to hem the dress!   
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am going to use Beth @ TacomaAlterations. She was at the Brides against breast cancer event where I bought my dress and she was fantastic! Gave great suggestions, could "see" what I was talking about, explained how she would do things, etc.  She has a dress design background so she is creative. Thanks for the reminder. I have to call her.
    debi & jason 05.01.2010

My Visions Planning Bio

Photobucket

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards