African American Weddings
Options

Is Anyone Worried.....

about the wedding blues? 

Many women experience post-wedding depression. Nothing left to plan, all of the attention and excitement's gone, and you're starting over in a new house, etc. 

I'm having such a blast wedding planning, I'm worried about what I'll feel like after we get home from the honeymoon! My sister was so depressed, she started a wine club, a book, club, and others just to fill the time....

Here's a link to ar article about it if you're interested.... Click Here!

Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio

Re: Is Anyone Worried.....

• Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Interesting article - sounds a lot like post partum depression.  It's good to keep in mind, just in case a depressed feeling descends after the wedding.  I don't feel too worried about it b/c we will have just about a year of "regular" living leading up to the wedding.  We planned it so we would not be rushing around and all scattered in the year prior to the wedding, which is why we're getting almost everything done now.  But you never know how you'll feel after such a huge life-changing event!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think that is what my friend was going through, that most likely why she got mad at me for getting my cake from the same bakery as her. She is probably afraid that mines will look better than hers, and wants everyone to remember her day only.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • Options
    bbyckesbbyckes member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'll be so thrilled when this thing is out of the way - you have NO idea! lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I doubt it. I am so over this planning
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm with Pas - I am SO READY for this to be over! This RSVP drama is driving me up a wall..all these people and their damn kids! Arrgh, sorry for the vent.

The End..LOL
  • Options
    Panda16Panda16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I see how this could happen. I spend a lot of my time after work going on wedding websites, coming on here to chat it up and doing anything wedding related.It's a tough transition I'm sure especially when you hear that it goes by in a flash.

I guess I'll deal with it by thinking about the next big trip or event that I can plan. Plus, we're delaying our honeymoon for a year so that helps too.
  • Options
    meelabeelameelabeela member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I was just talking about this today.  I really do wonder what I'm going to do with all this extra time after the wedding.  I never realized wedding planning would take so much of my time and energy. Even though I'm definitely ready to be married and done with the wedding, I just can't imagine what I'll do with the free time.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not worried but I know I will miss it.  FI wants me back at night - he is kind of getting tired that I spend all my time on the computer when we are at home.  So I think he will be happy.  But I will also be glad when it is over - I guess since it is so close for me and I can taste it - I'm over things - especially now that I see all our money that we have saved up for YEARS depreciating so fast in WEEKS!
    My Planning Bio - updated 4/19/10
    Our Wedding Teasers
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    243 invited image 170 Said YES image 45 Can't party US image 28 Haven't heard from image Invitations sent out on 4/6/10 - Our RSVP date is 5/15/10 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about anyone else but I know that I will be glad when the day comes and goes so I can get some normalcy (not to mention not having to spend all this money) back into my life. I can be happy for the other ladies crossing the same threshold that I did but I will not miss all that planning and stress.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards