African American Weddings
Options

Please pray for me...because these guests are about to make me lose my religion!

Hey Ladies,

Please keep me in prayer because I'm about to back slide if these crazy people don't stop trying me and FI with the b.s.!

As I've said before, we are having a destination wedding in the DR. We picked a very nice resort that met the requirements of our wish list. It's beautiful, quiet, all-inclusive, intimate and is a 5 star property. All of our guests are so happy we picked it and we've exceeded our estimated number so that our travel agent had to request additional rooms. We negotiated a fabulous group rate.  In addition to the cost of the ceremony and reception, we are also having a welcome party, catamaran charter, rehearsal dinner/party and a post wedding brunch. Even though the resort is all-inclusive, we still have to pay for each private event and it's not cheap. But we are happy to do so because we really want our guests to have a good time and to know how much we appreciate them for coming. Everyone is so excited...well almost everyone.

One of FI's guests is acting a straight donkey. She's upset that we did not choose a cheap resort and thinks we are being unreasonable by refusing to change the location. She also balked because she wanted to reserve her room, but did not want to pay a deposit. (the deposit was $60). So finally she states that she doesn't need frills and will stay off property, which is fine with us. Today she stated that we need to cover the daily entrance fees for all guests staying off property because that's proper etiquette. So I'm supposed to pay an extra $600 because she doesn't want to stay at our resort? No ma'am!

Ladies I've been trying to be a better person but that cow is trying my patience. Im really about to tell her to stay at home. I don't have time, nor the inclination to deal with her insanity.

Re: Please pray for me...because these guests are about to make me lose my religion!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh wow this lady has lost her mind. She has the nerve to ask you to change your location. She should just not come if she has so much of a problem with everything. She is seriously mad about a $60 deposit at a 5 star resort, My honeymoon is at a 4 star hotel and we had to pay $200. This lady is straight trippin, just let her know if she has so much of a problem with it then she can just not come, its not her wedding.
    Praying for you girl!
    Photobucket
    "Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
    Janae & Olivier

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_please-pray-mebecause-guests-lose-religion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:91cfdfb4-9146-4bee-b2f4-9cf71bd9b60cPost:a61aed13-81cd-4444-8b0f-2a40108f90e3">Re: Please pray for me...because these guests are about to make me lose my religion!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh wow this lady has lost her mind. She has the nerve to ask you to change your location. She should just not come if she has so much of a problem with everything. She is seriously mad about a $60 deposit at a 5 star resort, My honeymoon is at a 4 star hotel and we had to pay $200. This lady is straight trippin, just let her know if she has so much of a problem with it then she can just not come, its not her wedding. Praying for you girl!
    Posted by JKeyes2011[/QUOTE]
    1000% on this. Tell her to shut up and dont come!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    She has some kind of nerve! You know what? Speaking of "etiquette..." she DOES understand that this is a celebration of you and FI becoming one, doesn't she??? Either you can come, or you can't. It really is just that simple regardless of what she has conjured up in her simple mind. She is more than welcome to stay elsewhere. However, she is NOT welcome to tell you what to do on YOUR wedding day! Tell her you do not take requests either.

It's too early in the morning for her foolishness.

I'm going back to bed but I will say a prayer for you before I lay my head down.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WHAAAAAAAAAATTTT!!!! Is she serious?? Miss Thang needs to sit down some where. either she is coming or she is not. And if she cannot afford a $60 eposit at a FIVE star resort then she needs to stay home and get her finances in order. Girl I am 7 months out from my day and I am soooooooo over the guestlist, lmao. I am at the if you come, then come and if you don't then don't. Simple. Tell her "Chile, boo, bye" and keep it pushing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    $60 deposit & she's trippin??!! Yeah....she can stay home. No need for her to come there & still be complaining as ya'll are saying your "I dos".

Since she's FI's guest, he needs to handle that ASAP.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with what everyone is saying, but especially with the last post.  I can see her being the type where even if she did make it you'd hear her mouth the whole the night and would complain about everything.  She needs to just go ahead and lay it on down and shutup.  Like everyone else said, if she can't afford a $60 deposit at a 5 star resort then she needs to rethink her plans of coming.  Some people have a lot of nerve.
  • Options
    happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_please-pray-mebecause-guests-lose-religion?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:91cfdfb4-9146-4bee-b2f4-9cf71bd9b60cPost:12f328be-82c4-4011-998e-566c7482475f">Re: Please pray for me...because these guests are about to make me lose my religion!</a>:
    [QUOTE]WHAAAAAAAAAATTTT!!!! Is she serious?? <font color="#ff0000"><strong>Miss Thang needs to sit down some where. either she is coming or she is not. And if she cannot afford a $60 eposit at a FIVE star resort then she needs to stay home and get her finances in order.</strong></font> Girl I am 7 months out from my day and I am soooooooo over the guestlist, lmao. I am at the if you come, then come and if you don't then don't. Simple. <strong><font color="#ff0000">Tell her "Chile, boo, bye" and keep it pushing.
    </font></strong>Posted by ThunderKitten2011[/QUOTE]

AGREED!!
    80 said yes image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies. I told FI about the situation and his reaction was in sync with mine. So basically, she can stay her ass home or get with the program. As of this morning she was on my confirmed guest list, so I guess she decided to suck it up and deal. I really do not want her there at all because I do not want to hear any complaining from her. Fortunately the rest of my guests are somewhat sensible...for the moment.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WHAT DA WHAT!!! I tell you this is crazyness!!! My guest has been saying crazy stuff by this takes the cake! She needs to get a life and stay home!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards