Washington-Seattle
Options

Checks

In the past week:

FI's ring arrived from tungstenaffinity.com - freaking fast!  I ordered on Friday, got it the next day!  :)  FI' happy with it so so am I. 

Tested the favors over the weekend to see if they would work and it does!  Gotta order the muslin bags for the tea and will see if nearby BM can come by to help putting them together. 

Received our marriage license in the mail from Snohomish County - I think it only took them a week to get it out although they do say to allow 30 days.

And we're chugging along finalizing the guest count since so many never sent their stuff in.  Seriously, for those who are still doing their invites, I suggest NOT putting on a stamp as per Emily Post.  We likely won't receive half of them back.  Thank goodness for Facebook though!  And an interesting trend with our group of guests is we have a lot who are coming sans date/guest.  Something that's surprising us, in a good way of course, but we just wern't expecting it.
Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
Married 7/10/10
Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
Anniversary

Re: Checks

• Options
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YAY for finally getting a head count!! And thats awesome that the ring came so fast!!

I dont get the whole Emily Post thing on not putting stamps on. Is it that she just sees it as a waste of money? Because I just got an invitation in the mail on Saturday to a wedding, and they didnt put a stamp on the RSVP envelope, and I was irritated that it didnt have one (especially since I spent the time doing all of ours), and just thought it was inconvenient. Granted, I have a TON of stamps hanging around because of all this wedding stuff, but still.

I think I was mostly irritated that I got an invitation in the mail 3+month before the wedding, with a RSVP date that is for 2+ months before the wedding (heck, its even before our RSVP date, which is a month sooner!!). AND, i was especially irritated because they put just our first names on the envelope, and not even an & between the names, the label was printed with "jamers22-fi" and they spelled FI's name wrong (well, typed too fast and switched the "V" and "I" around)... come on, we used to be best friends. it's not that hard!

sorry, rant over. :)
    Anniversary
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    jennlinjennlin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yay!
    ♥ bfp2 02/15/2012 ♥ edd 10/23/2013 ♥
    ♥ bfp1 06/14/2011 ♥ edd 02/22/2012 ♥
    ♥ baby jennlin born on 02/15/2012 ♥

who says you can only wear your wedding dress once?

honeymoon biomarried bioplanning bio
    jumped ship to the new and improved nest. back to TB for baby boards.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good job, woman!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    awesome job! i seriously wish we didn't put postage on ours... waste of money! we still need a TON of rsvps back.

the marriage license thing.. everyone whose got them in king county that i know of said they walked out of the place with something... and although it isn't active for 3 days, that is what they got signed.. what did you do?? should i plan to get mine soonish?
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Jamers - from what I recall, it wasn't that she (rather her granddaugther) frowned upon it, just that it's unncessary.  If a guest will attend, then they have the obligation to find a 44 cent postage stamp to send back the response card with.

Sara - we thought we had to get it from the county we're getting married in, but I didn't want to have to drive up to Snoho county on a M-F 9-5 timeframe, so we mailed ours.  They said on their site if it's sent via mail to do so at least 30 days prior to the wedding to allow time for it to arrive, process, and be mailed back.

Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Hooray! Marriage license! You are practically official!

I am like a falling star who has finally found her place next to another in a lovely constellation, where we will sparkle in the heavens forever
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards