African American Weddings
Options

Question of the Day

Will any of you be going out for "Black Friday" deals?
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Question of the Day

• Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No way! Never have and I don't think that this is my year to start. Too many horror stories of ppl being trampled! Scares me! lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am afraid of the trampling as well... but I really need to get some stuff taken care of (i.e. furniture that I have been eyeing at this particular store).... I think I may go out but it sure won't be at the crack of dawn!

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Black Friday shopping has been a tradition for my sisters and I since we graduated college!  We would always go home for Thanksgiving, so we normally would get up  early and go to the Wal-Mart in the next town and shop.  It's kinda like a class reunion in the Wal-Mart because we would see old classmates that we may not have seen in years.  Since all three of us will be here in Houston this year, we may meet up or my twin and I may go it alone (we usually call our older sister on the phone and we talk the whole time we're shopping).  FI wants a TV/DVD for the bedroom (one of those compromises I'm doing for marriage sake), so we'll see if any will be part of any Black Friday specials.  Other than that, we'll probably just do some shopping, have breakfast at I-Hop, then go back home and nap.

FI has never been shopping with my twin and I, so should I warn him that it can become an all-day event???!! LOL!!
    Anniversary Trying to Conceive Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yup the FI and I will try it for the 1st time EVER. There is a 40in TV we want, Some labtops for the kids (they are so spoiled) Mostly for electronics. We shall see how that goes. If they "try" me I will have to........walk away, I have a daughter now so I gota think about her (but the old Crystal would get wit em). BUT yeah Imlooking forward to it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    no. i used to work in retail and that day was the worst!
  • Options
    msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We plan to go out! We are going to see if we can get my wedding band on a black friday deal. We are also looking for a tv and I always go to old navy cause they have the best deals like $7 jeans for my oldest son.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI talked me into going last year and it was actually fun. We weren't super competitive...didn't run anyone over and still got GREAT deals on a few things. We plan to go again this year. It's the only time of year that he will shop with me (excluding groceries) so I HAVE to go!
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, yes and yes. My sisters and two of my cousins camp out last year in front of the Target where we live. We were the first ones there. We got in to the store got tv's, dvd players, pajamas and I got my gps. Yes indeed I am in the building. I don't believe in paying full price and I need a video cam. One of my daughters dances for the Washington Wizards JR dance squad and I need to get those memories on film.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope! But I will be going shopping the day after xmas and new years!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Probably not, but if I do go...it will be later in the day when the early birds are done. The deals are still pretty good, and I'd rather sleep in.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Only if I find out about something I just HAVE to have & it's the deal of a lifetime cause like ty said, ppl be gettin hurt lol & it's not that serious!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh Hecks yes I will be out there with bells on. Literally! My sister and I go every year and we have a ball. I have gotten everything I wanted every time we went and then some. People can tell in my face that I dont play and not to mess with me. It is so much fun. My sister and I do lunch/brunch afterwards and then I go home and sleep until I feel refreshed. I love a deal and I am already starting to stake out my spots for this year I am ready!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HECK NO!!!! It ain't that serious!
    11.13.2010 = BEST DAY EVER!!!
    Married Bio
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes, for things for the house (read: new boots lol)
    January AAW Signature Challenge:Wedding Must-Have: A shot or 4
    Photobucket

*insert sarcastic musing here...or jazz hands*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Is it really that bad out there? Like I said, it was painless and virtually effortless for us last year. We stood in line for a little minute, but it wasn't that long. Maybe we were lucky. I always thought the horror stories were exaggerations. We didn't wake up early cause we actually weren't even asleep yet last year...we went out with friends and were just getting home so we decided to give it a shot. Worst thing that happened was I ended up with a little cold.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    happe2getherhappe2gether member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope!!! NO WAY, NO HOW!!

I pick ONE day and do it all.  I'm a BIG fan of Amazon too.  If I don't get it then, it doesn't make it under the tree
    80 said yes image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely not.  I won't be surprised if the hubby goes out for some sort of deal on a techy item.  I just prefer to be calm and at peace when I am spending my money.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards