African American Weddings
Options

I think I screwed up - I need suggestions and vibes...

Our wedding is less than 4 months away.  I did not put together a "real" guest list before I set my budget (doh!).  I just found a place we liked and said "ok, we can invite 'x' people".  But...  now that I'm actually doing the real list, we are about 25-30 guests over the limit and there's nobody we can cut.  Can't change the venue again (I'm still hoping to get my deposit back from the first venue) and I am officially starting to freak out. 

Ladies, I appreciate any suggestions and positive vibes...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I married my soulmate on 10-3-10 :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: I think I screwed up - I need suggestions and vibes...

• Options
    luckyinloveazluckyinloveaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do you think with the "not attending" responses you get back that, that will cover the extra people you have? Did you ask the venue if your over on guests are they able to accomodate them somehow? Im sure it will all work out, knottie vibes sent your way!

• Options
    winter443winter443 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is your wedding out of town?  How many people are you inviting total?  I invited about 130 people and 30 people couldn't make it but my wedding was out of town for most people.  A couple people also didn't show up on the day of the wedding even though they RSVP'd.
    I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im kinda in that situation... I really should have did a better search before iI deposted... and i should have divided the total cost by the number of people Im inviting... im paying $80/person. Not what I would have went with had I payed attention.

Knottie vibes your way.
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the vibes Ladies!

It would be so much easier if it were a space thing but it's a budget thing.  I honestly thought we could keep the list at 100-110... 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, knock off the +1 for some people, only married, engaged or longterm relationship and no kiddes. Will that help?

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• Options
    KMB611KMB611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear about your dilemma. I agree with mahoganieyes and ommitting the +1 for some guests.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you haven't talked to them in 6 months- 1year or more...cut them LOL!
  • Options
    miah_23_ncbmiah_23_ncb member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree maybe you will be okay because some one will alwyas not be able to make it. hope everything works out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all of your vibes and suggestions!  I will keep you posted... 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards