African American Weddings
Options

OMGEEE!!!!!!

I PASSED MY PHD QUALIFYING EXAM!!!! I am officially a PhD in Electrical Engineering Candidate! God is so great!
My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
Created by Wedding Favors
Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!

Re: OMGEEE!!!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011

Like I said on fb, it's so amazing!!!! I'm so happy for you and God is so good!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

AMEN!! He truly is good.  Electrical Engineering...does that involve physics?? I cringe at the thought..lol.  More power to you honey. I concentrated in Biology and Chemistry and as smart as consider myself, I could never wrap my brain around Physics....oooo wee. Getting a headache just thinking about it.but i digress.... GO YAS..GO YAS!!!!  Awesome news!! I'm so excited for you.

He that findeth a wife, findeth a GOOD THING!! small2 small Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Go Girl!!
  • Options
    TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG!!!

Congrats!

All your hard work had INDEED paid off...
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!! Your my motivation to get moving on my research!!
    Mrs. Natasha B. Williams May 28, 2010
    The Journey Began.....

N & B Engagement Photos
    imageFrom Vegas 2010
    imageFrom Las Vegas Wedding 2010 imageFrom Las Vegas Wedding 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_omgeee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:9a0e1ddb-a72a-43d7-9f5f-fac1515318b9Post:00244ac0-e4e1-42a6-b836-7d5625e9c4d9">Re: OMGEEE!!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Like I said on fb, it's so amazing!!!! I'm so happy for you and God is so good!
    Posted by missrekaeagle[/QUOTE]

Yes he is so Good! Thank you and peanut again!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_omgeee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:9a0e1ddb-a72a-43d7-9f5f-fac1515318b9Post:d2184259-e07e-4723-bfb5-fc58f7d28784">Re: OMGEEE!!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]AMEN!! He truly is good.  Electrical Engineering...does that involve physics?? I cringe at the thought..lol.  More power to you honey. I concentrated in Biology and Chemistry and as smart as consider myself, I could never wrap my brain around Physics....oooo wee. Getting a headache just thinking about it.but i digress.... GO YAS..GO YAS!!!!  Awesome news!! I'm so excited for you.
    Posted by NeColeMonet[/QUOTE]

LOL!!! Thanks hun! Yes it involved a couple of Physics! I am just glad that I am done with them!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much ladies! I feel so blessed right now!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had to come back and post again because me and Peanut are very proud of you. Like I know I don't know you in real life, but I have so much joy in my heart for you right now. I had to praise God when I read you were a PhD candidate on fb and now I'm doing it all over again. You are such an inspiration to me, and I'm just working on my master's. It has to be hard planning a wedding and being a PhD student. You are such a role model because unfortunately you don't find many African American women with a PhD in electrical engineering, at least not where I'm from. Once again, congratulations!!!!!!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!!
    218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!!! My FI and I are PhD students, too.... I passed my qualifiers before we got engaged, so I can't even IMAGINE what you went through studying and planning a wedding. 

Btw, I'm also a future Mrs./Dr. Brown. :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!!! I knew you had this one!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    winter443winter443 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations, that is fantastic news! You go girl!!
    I love my baby, yep yep, he loves this chick! imageimageimageMy Planning Bio
  • Options
    luckyinloveazluckyinloveaz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations Dr. Yas! Has a nice ring to it huh? That's awesome!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Congrats!! God is soooo good. I am so proud of you.
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    edited December 2011
    Date Twin, I am so proud of you!  You are amazing girl!  Celebrate, relax, spend quality time with FI and enjoy the fact that you worked hard and achieved your goal!!  
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    KMB611KMB611 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations and kudos to you! I've been studying for my master's degree and get my degree this month. You are an inspiration to many AA women who don't think they can do it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_omgeee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:9a0e1ddb-a72a-43d7-9f5f-fac1515318b9Post:30250113-7e41-4c2d-b754-f15dd8d54ca7">Re: OMGEEE!!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I had to come back and post again because me and Peanut are very proud of you. Like I know I don't know you in real life, but I have so much joy in my heart for you right now. I had to praise God when I read you were a PhD candidate on fb and now I'm doing it all over again. You are such an inspiration to me, and I'm just working on my master's. It has to be hard planning a wedding and being a PhD student. You are such a role model because unfortunately you don't find many African American women with a PhD in electrical engineering, at least not where I'm from. Once again, congratulations!!!!!!
    Posted by missrekaeagle[/QUOTE]

Awww... Thanks Mommy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_omgeee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:9a0e1ddb-a72a-43d7-9f5f-fac1515318b9Post:95a299de-4b80-4d8a-88d2-c696a68b6943">Re: OMGEEE!!!!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congratulations!!!! My FI and I are PhD students, too.... I passed my qualifiers before we got engaged, so I can't even IMAGINE what you went through studying and planning a wedding.  Btw, I'm also a future Mrs./Dr. Brown. :-)
    Posted by AshleyLR06[/QUOTE]

WOW!!!! Another Dr. Brown!!! That is awesome that both of you are PhD Students. What is you alls fields? Yes, it was hard! But I am so glad that I got through it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations Yashica...this is awesome news! I am very happy for you!
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all so much!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    God is soo Good!! Congrats!!
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats girl!
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • Options
    DanielleB80DanielleB80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations Dr. !!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker imageGraphics
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats Lady!!!!!! All of your hard work has paid off. I am proud of you Yas!!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    prncszprncsz member
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! What a great accomplishment!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

GO GIRL!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board