Washington-Seattle
Options

Help me edit our recap video!

Wow, I was surprised to open my e-mail and see our recap in there! Great surprise!

I have some thoughts on a few things I'd like to change, but I don't want to affect your opinion before you see it so I won't add them until later.

http://tinyurl.com/ybjfqwr

Re: Help me edit our recap video!

• Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    And yes that's the same exact song from our photo slideshow, lol.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Really good, I think.  The things I would change:

Audio - the fade of the music to a lower volume when the voice-over is done needs to be a bit more subtle/gradual than it is - kind of jerky feeling the way it's done right now, and I might actually have the music a smidgen bit higher of a volume when they do the voice-over (not so much where it's distracting, but enough where it's still there)

Beginning - after the shot of the "Blushing bride" sign, cut to the shot of your hands and your ring on your finger, then go to you getting your makeup put on, then talking.

Processional - I don't like the quick flash through of the last 3 BMs - needs to have more time on each, but do have it as it is where when cut from one BM to the next, use the location of the BM along the aisle to mark the beginning of the next one (I hope that makes sense?)

Ceremony - when M says "With this ring..." it should have the video of him putting the ring on your finger for more continuity.

Cake - I know you wern't happy with the cake (BTW, did that florist ever get back to you?) so see if they have a different shot of it they can use rather than pan up it?

Reception - as people file into the room, the speeding up helps, but I think it would be better if they could show people filing in, getting seated, etc (sped up of course) from other angles/shots.

Dancing - the part in the song where they say "Watch you spinning around.." right after the girl is spun, either match the video of the girl being spun around to it or move the shot they have of M spinning you on your first dance match to it.

End - Where the people are saying "Happy New Year!" rather than doing that to black, use video of guests shouting that or put some sort of writing on at the end like "Happy New Year Mr & Mrs C!" (I thought you kept your last name though?) Either way - I'm not a fan of the sound bite done to nothing but black.

Of course, these are my personal opinions and everyone is different!  I know I said it before, but it looks like it was a total blast! Laughing
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Jolene! I forgot you had a background in video--big help!

I think I am going to have them cut the first reading voiceover or replace it with our second reading. I think our friend was nervous so it sounds like she is talking way too fast.

Yes the cake is being cut the eff out! (And no, never returned my e-mail. I did let my planner know the whole story so that she doesn't recommend her anymore though.)

I hate the speeding up so I'm asking them to cut that, too. I really don't care to see people coming in anyway? (I mean, not that I don't care, but it just seems like an odd time-wasting scene to me.) I also didn't realize the bandleader said our names so chees-ily--OUT! (And yes, I did keep my name.)

Is it me or does it look like neither of us is all that happy to dance with our dad/mom?
  • Options
    dreamwindsdreamwinds member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

There aren't many transitions which is what felt disconnected for me. I think, while it was nice they showed where you got ready, is it actually necessary? I thnk it might be better if it opened in on the door with the sign rather than panning the Embassy Suites. It might even be cute to start with the shot of your dress hanging first, before it transitions into 'Blushing Bride' sign. Or go from 'Blushing Bride' to the dress hanging up.

I also agree with tygirl about how 'Blushing Bride' could transition into your hands then to you getting make up on and then talking.

The shot of you with the photographer's watch in the center of the screen is a little distracting. You look beautiful, but the really big silver watch that's in focus is actually what claims my attention and focus and I don't feel it adds much to how beautiful you looked.

When you say 'Let me see your face' instead of having the audio of you paired with the video of you, it'd be nice to see your guy walking down that hallway instead. So the viewer can see his face too. :)

I loved the processional of bridesmaids in with candles. I think it might sound better if there's a moment allowed for the music to shine before the vows start and a better image for the vows to start at than a bridesmaid walking down the aisle. And while I think you look absolutely gorgeous when the door opens and you start your walk, video-wise, the flash photography is very distracting in such a dimly lit room. It might look aesthetically nicer if it shows your (at the time) husband-to-be standing watching you come down and then show the viewer what he's seeing, which is you standing there with who I presume are your parents. :) It'd be nice if that were timed to the lyrics that go 'You have stolen my heart.' Heh.

As an aside, I love your tablescapes and I loved the shot of the champagne being poured. Your sweetheart table was beautiful too with all the candles. Just gorgeous.

I also agree with tygirl about the ending. I'm not sure the sound bite to black actually fits with the rest of the video very much. It's such an abrupt ending to, well... New Years is all about fireworks and lights and brightness and celebration!

imageLilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_edit-recap-video?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:104Discussion:15c7146d-8e6f-4535-bd0e-110a36993c1aPost:2f27fe4b-6509-4e90-9b2f-04d66b8c2d5c">Re: Help me edit our recap video!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Is it me or does it look like neither of us is all that happy to dance with our dad/mom?
    Posted by melissa82[/QUOTE]

I didn't want to say it ^^;; but you two do look a little bored? So maybe a different angle shot would be better, or some kind of double side-by-side video that's shortened? I'm not sure if the video transition is possible, but I think I remember you and your dad turning and there could possibly be some blur affect done that when the turn is complete it's your husband and his mom? I don't know the technicalities, it's been years since I did any kind of video tinkering.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Out of curiosity, do you know if the videographer got any shots of your  candy bear? Something about seeing the chocolate in the LOVE plates might go well somewhere in the video.
  • Options
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

That's a good idea with the LOVE plates...I'm not sure if they got any of it--the main guy was eating a big cone from our ice cream bar at that time, hahaha.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Definitely agree with the transitions - maybe if they could do more fades as transitions?  Not ALL fades, but mix it up a little.  And yeah, after reading my recs, can you tell I'm a fan of video matching up to the audio? Tongue out 

Going on the idea of the Love dishes filled with the kisses, you should TOTALLY see if they have shots of your Vienesse hour because to me, it's just too doggone cool to not have that in as well!  Shoot, you could totally replace the cake shot with the dessert layout! 

And yes, I have to agree with you about your expressions with the dances with your parents, although M seemed a bit happier and I think the expression they got of you is too short to really get a good idea of what you were feeling (not to mention I wasn't a big fan of the angle).
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
  • Options
    jennuinnejennuinne member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Overally I really like it.  I love your vows and you can hear how emotional you are.  I agree with changing the first reading.  Its too long and she's talking fast.  And, as tygirl said, the music gets too quiet during the voice overs so that its distracting.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I forgot - agree with the changing of the first reading.  It did seem off, but I honestly didn't know how attached to it you were, so I didn't want to say anything.
    As for the florist, shame, but now you know and I'm guessing you warned all the other girls on your board?  And you know my faves: Yelp, Citysearch, Weddingwire (although not too sure how useful that is in NJ considering how many more options there are for vendors?).
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
  • Options
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha don't worry about hurting my feelings--I am pretty ruthless when it comes to editing in general! I feel a little guilty about sending so many edits just because they did ask us if there was stuff we didn't want in it, but honestly you forget a lot until you hear/see it again. Like I totally forgot she had read quickly but now I remember thinking that it was fast. I had no idea that's what our introduction sounded like. (::cringe::)

I am anti-effects--fades and side by sides are not for me. =) I like just straight cutting to the next scene.

Re: the florist....I've never seen her mentioned on the NNJ boards so I haven't really warned anyone. She was recommended to me by my planner so I just went with her since I didn't need many flowers at all--it was only late in planning that I added cake flowers. But I do plan to post reviews on weddingwire and projectwedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards