African American Weddings
Options

Birthday Party vs. Vacation

So I will be turning 30 in August and I am trying to figure out what I wanna do.

I have been wanting a party BUT now I am starting to think do I want to spend the money for OTHER people to have a good time or do I want to spend the money on myself and take a vacation?

AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Birthday Party vs. Vacation

• Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was gonna comment on your status on FB, but didn't want any notifications. lol.

I say go for the vacation. At least you'll be spending money on YOU and making sure YOU are happy for YOUR day!
  • Options
    TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_birthday-party-vs-vacation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:9cb5e125-22d0-4ebc-ac84-f107dc251fd2Post:7a6a03ef-d343-4496-b676-fcbb979c7ed1">Re: Birthday Party vs. Vacation</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I was gonna comment on your status on FB, but didn't want any notifications</strong>. lol. I say go for the vacation. At least you'll be spending money on YOU and making sure YOU are happy for YOUR day!
    Posted by tyboyd[/QUOTE]

LoL...COMPLETELY understand!
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    VACATION!!!! IDK if its cause I am in wedding planning mode but I am sick of throwing parties and paying for other people to eat and drink...hmmmph! Girl go on a vacay and have a good time for you. Now, the best of both worlds would be to have someone else throw you a bday party and you can pay for your vacation!!!

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was thinking about this as well. I turn 30 next year. I believe I'm doing a girl trip and calling it a day. I wanted to have a all white party. Im saving for a wedding, so I can't see this party taking place.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well for my 30th this past March I had a party on other people's dime (FI and my BFF). So maybe someone will throw you a party then take yourself on a nice vacay. Or maybe you can hint at someone to do both lol lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    VACATION!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    VACATION forreal doe!
  • Options
    M1ssJM1ssJ member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Vacation!!!! Vacation!!!
    577906 10151197172303105 844768324 n Follow Me on Pinterest www.shoplovelivelearn.blogspot.com Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_birthday-party-vs-vacation?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:9cb5e125-22d0-4ebc-ac84-f107dc251fd2Post:7a6a03ef-d343-4496-b676-fcbb979c7ed1">Re: Birthday Party vs. Vacation</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was gonna comment on your status on FB, but didn't want any notifications. lol. I say go for the vacation. At least you'll be spending money on YOU and making sure YOU are happy for YOUR day!
    Posted by tyboyd[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>This</div>
  • Options
    LSASLSAS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vacation!!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Vacation for sure! Do you REALLY want the hassle of plannign your own birthday party?
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards