African American Weddings
Options

OK I am freaking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So after not getting on the knot at all yesterday after our VKN about SYTTD and Four Weddings I get on the TK today and find out that my reception hall has gone into foreclosure!!!!!!!!!!! The closed their doors yesterday at 8pm and I just left from up there and there were tons of signs on the door and at least two other brides there all trying to get a refund. Another girl on my local board got her refund but she told me to get up there ASAP and get mine but I didn't get the message until the next day which was this afternoon.

I am so pissed and worried. Luckily I put the deposit on a credit card and hopefully I will be able to dispute the charge and get my money back since it does not seen like the company is going to be giving the money back anytime soon.

I am stressed now since I don't have a reception site and with a date like 9.10.11 I am feeling like I wont find one anytime soon. At least not one that is in my price range and does not already have a reception booked for that date. I am freaking out and FI is just chilling like he does not care. I am ready to hit the streets right now and see what else is out there and he is like no we should wait to make sure we can get that deposit back. OMG Why does everything have to been like this.

First the dress situation and now the reception hall. Is this a sign that maybe we shouldn't be doing this? Ok ok enough jumping to conclusions girl this is nothing but the LORD trying to point us to something better but I am still freaking out.

Sorry for the super long post! :( Not a happy camper!

Re: OK I am freaking out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG you have ever right to be freaking out. I pray that you'll find another venue within your budget that fits your vision. Call your CC company now if you can or first thing in the morning to begin the dispute process. Don't look at these as signs not to get married to your love. The devil is a lie and speaks no truth. Good luck and keep us posted.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree you should be upset... but only for the next 5 minutes LOL. No need in stressing over something that you can't undo or change. I agree with PP call the CC company dispute the charge, get your money back and keep pressing forward. In the meantime, check out some other places online or whatever, but don't obssess over it or make a rush decision. What God has for you is for you! And NO ONE or NO COMPANY can mess with that! I pray that you find a fabulous reception location that makes the other one look like crap (that is in your budget or beneath)!

P.S. I think its been 5 minutes now... back to planning, HAPPILY!

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    csuperstar02csuperstar02 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow! Yes ma'am, you were entitled to your freak out session. Good advice above to get started with your CC and see what can be done. Knottie vibes as you look for the new/better reception site (the one you didn't even KNOW was going to be better than the one you had Laughing)

?Well-behaved women rarely make history.?

?PAL/PGAL Welcome!?

Untitled

?BFP #1~4.29.11 | Blighted Ovum DX~6.2.11 | D&C~6.9.11?

Dx Unicornuate Uterus 4.12

?BFP #2~10.12.12,EDD 6.27.13| 11.8.12 - no growth :(| natural m/c 11.25.12| D&C 2.8.13 ?

• Options
    lyar915lyar915 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ohh!!! So sorry. I agree with PP what God has for YOU is for YOU!!!! You will find a better venue soon.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    These ladies have given great advice. Dispute the charge, scream a little to get it out, and do what you have to do to handle business. Pray...for patience, guidance, and deliverance from this stressful situation. God has got you. Let your FI know that you will dispute the charge and try to get refunded, but time is of the essence and you need a spot so he needs to either chip in or not complain later and hold you back from taking care of business. Say it nicer than that though. It will all work out, but I am so sorry that you are having to deal with this.
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just called the CC company and they said that they will temporary release the charge but since it is over 120 days they will only release it until they can talk to the company. I know these are their rules but if they are out of business and not getting in touch with me what makes them think they are going to get with them. Anyway I have my money back for the moment I just hope it stays that way.

i have reached out to 4 companies since I made this post and they all are in my price range but guess what they are all BOOKED! If I have to change my date I am going to scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry for the explanation marks but dang I keep getting slammed! Cry
  • Options
    hatroopeshatroopes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG!!! WOW, I don't even know what I would be doing right now if I were you. So sorry hon, I'm sure you will find something even more fab! Like PP said, nothing you an do about it..you are already on the right path by trying to find another venue. Look at it this way - at least it happened while your wedding is still 8 months away, you have time- you'll find something better Smile
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do what previous post said and also look at your contract and see what it says about if they break the contract.  Start by looking at some hotels and go from there. It will all work out in the end.  Knottie hugs and good vibes
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG that is craziness! I would be super pissed and crying because I have a hard time controlling my emotions these days. I would scream for a sec and then try to stay calm. Try to get in touch with the company and let them know that your credit card company is trying to get in touch with them so you can get your money back. 

So I know you are not gonna like what im about to say, but, is it so bad to possibly change your date? 9-10-11 is the most popular wedding date this year, and with it being only 8 months away most venues are probably going to be booked. Its a fun date, but in the end its just a date. Your anniversary will end up being 9-10-12 and 9-10-13 and so on. Its more about you and your FI/FH spending eternity together so a date is just that. Good luck on your search and I hope that somehow you find a venue that you like on your scheduled date! :)
    Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am dying seriously this is so hard not only do I not want to change my date I have other vendors that are already booked that would have to accommodate a date change. Most of the reception sites that have contacted me are completely booked for the month of September. Plus my parents have a trip planned in September plus the dresses are order and everything is inline for that date. I am going crazy I really don't know what I am going to do I have stuff ordered with that date on it and everything. I guess I should have listened and not jumped the gun but I had signed contract in hand so I thought I was  golden I am so mad right now. Every time I cry and get it over it I just start right back up man I am a mess!
  • Options
    DanAll1228DanAll1228 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so sorry this is happening to you! I don't know what area you're in, but try a nice museum; we're thinking of having our reception in our art museum's lobby (it's REALLY nice!). Look into some of the (mega) churches, even upscale restaurants. If all else fails, try a (hopefully somewhat nice) gymnasium or community center. 9-10-11 is my date too; I'd be sad if I had to change it too. Best wishes!!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for your support and suggestions. I have had set backs before while planing this wedding and I am trying to believe that this happened for a reason and will work out. I am not asking GOD why I am just saying thank you and Show me the way. Nevertheless in lieu of his immediate response I am sad and wearing my computer battery out. I have emailed just about every reception site in the State of Michigan skip the price, location everything I am just trying to find something available on the freaking date.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am sending you knottie vibes.  I hope it all works out and you find a better venue without having to change your date.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    hotrocker2011hotrocker2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im so sorry to here that, i did some research to help you out, im not sure what you budget is or even if you call all of theses places yet but here's a link of venues in your area...GL AND GOD BLESS KEEP YOUR HEAD UP!!!

http://www.michiganweddingsolutions.com/wedding_receptions/detroit_michigan.htm
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awww thansk so much for looking into these for me. I have contacted most of the places on this site (I eliminated the ones not in my price range) I have heard back from some and waiting on a response from others I have 4 places with my date available and I am hoping to see them before the weekend. SO I have not given up yet! Thanks again I love my knottie sisters! You guys are the best
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards