Washington-Seattle
Options

REPLY TO: What the Heck?

I just want to say that I think it is SO awesome that the founders of TK are finally speaking out in the boards. What the heck indeed! I am not a newbie, I created this account to remain anonymous so that I could call you out on your arrogance and god complex. YOUR board? Please change the background color to red to prove to us all that it is YOUR board. How about instead of degrading and making "newbies" introduce themselves we have a TK Bitty Dictator Worship introduction thread instead? I think it would be a lot simpler plus it would let you talk some more which I see is important.

This being a public board anyone can post anything at anytime, have as many accounts as they want, say whatever they want, and NOT need your approval or blessing! I know it might come as a shock! If you are looking for a place that doesn't change much try looking out your trailer window.

I say to all the "newbies" hello and don't let the TK Bitty Squad Wanna-Be-Dictatorship get you down!

Re: REPLY TO: What the Heck?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know I shouldn't really say anything, but my guess is that in asking the newbies to say "hello" they meant that they only wanted to know more about us, our weddings, event details so that it could feel more like they were making friends instead of only knowing our names.  I understand how it could be taken both ways but I feel like it helps to know a little bit about a person and in this case, their weddig.  Anyhoo - hope this might help.  Smile
    Married my best friend September 26, 2010 image
  • Options
    edited December 2011

oops, that should say wedding.  :)

• Options
    judyandbrenttjudyandbrentt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe you should re-read their posts again.  There's not too many ways to mistake being called annoying and referencing it's "THEIR BOARD".
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In fact, it's just as much a newbie's board as it is theirs.  Whether they have posted once or over 2000 times - we are all equal.  If I am wrong may the queen of TK strike me down!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry - even after re-reading them I still think the same way but maybe it's just me. 

Everybody has been great and friendly whenever I need suggestions or have questions about how to handle situations, so I have always felt welcome in the "Seattle Board".  
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ...,-+^+-,.... & <- That is your pretty looking treat. Well done. Some people originally supported Hitler too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_reply-heck?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:168d6d6c-f878-49d0-8895-e2f6c8c02cc7Post:0ca2fe71-59ed-4a7d-a7e5-f4e87aa69d12">Re: REPLY TO: What the Heck?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know I shouldn't really say anything, but my guess is that in asking the newbies to say "hello" they meant that they only wanted to know more about us, our weddings, event details so that it could feel more like they were making friends instead of only knowing our names.  I understand how it could be taken both ways but I feel like it helps to know a little bit about a person and in this case, their weddig.  Anyhoo - hope this might help. 
    Posted by abigailadrienne[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>This.</div><div>If you're new to the board, we just like to get to know you.  Besides that, I've noticed that once people know a little bit about each other, they are better able to help.</div><div>But I don't know why I'm wasting my time with this explanation...  it looks like we have another troll...</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What an irrational response.

To reiterate, my original conclusion was:
    So, either TK is f-ed up again or we have a HUGE influx of newbs.

The right answer to which is: TK *is* f-ed up in that the currently active list is all cattywhompus tonight.

Your conclusion would be the wrong one.  But you're welcome to try again if you'd like.

Oh, and if there are some newbs on the board, and I'd guess we'll get lots more over the holidays when so many folks will get engaged, we do welcome intros here, so feel free to tell us about yourselves, if you'd like.  Or eat Christmas cookies.  You choose.  :)

kthx,
    Carrie
    (newly anointed Knottie Bitty)
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I must have missed TK initiation day. The "Haves" have decided I'm a troll and the "have nots" are defending them. Sounds familiar! Enjoy your weddings... sounds like the theme will be "The Clone Wars" but remember "The Empire Strikes Back"!!!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Carrie I know that yesterday I couldn't access the boards at all! I kept getting a page error when the site was trying to load!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    And a happy wedding to you too Cranky Jedi master!!
    Steph and Brad 10-1-10

"Be yourself, everyone else is already taken".
    See my bio!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LMAO, what a pathetic person, troll or not.
    Family fall photo session with Ashley Hoyle Photography
    Married 7/10/10
    Wedding Planning Bio - Updated 6/13/2010
    Anniversary
  • Options
    nosajnosaj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So I guess I'd be considered a "newbie" but have been engaged for several months but just started checking out the boards. We've all been a newbie at some point and I think it's important that people aren't made to feel unwelcome.

That being said my experience thus far has been great. Everyone has been super helpful and until I saw the referenced email, I didn't know there was any issue.

While I don't have any problem sharing some info about myself, I don't think think I'd be on TK if it was in any way required. What and when I share is entirely my choice. If natural connections or friendships happen along the way when you decide to share info about yourself then great!

"newbie"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nosaj - the only reason we request newbies post a "hello" post is A) it's common webiquette and B) we like to get to know our fellow Seattle Knotties.  If you don't want to share any info, by all means, you don't have to.  A newbie can simply post "Hi, new here, just got engaged and wanted to introduce myself" or something along those lines in which no personal information is offered up. 

What info is posted up (i.e. when got engaged, wedding colors, etc) sometimes allows us to help each other.  For example, there are times in which I'll see something in a store that I know another Knottie was looking for something similar, or maybe they just came to mind because of color scheme, etc and I'll post up a page to them to let them know what I found.

With that said, welcome to the board! Smile
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the Troll :P I say from now on, ignore all posts from it! Seriously, pulling up references to Hitler, the Holocaust, etc all because someone suggested if we are starting the influx on Winter newly engaged that they say hello and let us know a little bit about their wedding plans so we can help?!

Nosaj - Tygirl said it exactly. This is a local board so we try to be really friendly and helpful and actually get together in person about every 6 weeks somewhere local. No one is required to participate in anything. It just helps us get to know each other better and help when we know a little bit about the new people. Plus, I think sometimes new people can be intimidated because the older people on here know each other so intros help jump-start the process of getting the new people integrated so they don't feel like it's some sort of clique.
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Tygirl and KST. If we are able to get to know the new girls and a little about them we can all better help each other. If people don't share we can't learn from their experiences. It is okay if you don't want to share, but all of us here like to help, if we can. I know the help I have gotten from the other girls here has helped me a lot a long the way and I have made some friends. I think we all just need to remember it is Christmas and we all need to celebrate the spirit of the season. If anyone is reading who is newly engaged, welcome to the Seattle board. We all look forward to helping you with your wedding and congradulations.
    imageimageimage
    Newlywed Athlete Blog
    DD Arrived 10/17/2011
    2012 Races
    Valentine's Day Dash - 5k - 2/11/12 - 34:21
    Kirkland 5k - 5/13/12 - 31:59
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nosaj and abigail- i agree with pp that we ask you to introduce yourself so we can get to know you and what you are planning for your wedding. it isn't to be rude. i hope all newbies know that we are just trying to get to know you guys! :) and i'm glad you guys have had a good experience so far! we want to welcome you.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker we're having twins!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_reply-heck?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:168d6d6c-f878-49d0-8895-e2f6c8c02cc7Post:f2f57446-c597-4d59-a6f5-40680c961ccd">Re: REPLY TO: What the Heck?</a>:
    [QUOTE]...,-+^+-,.... & <- That is your pretty looking treat. Well done. Some people originally supported Hitler too.
    Posted by judyandbrentt[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>If this person is real I really can no longer be here....</div><div>
    </div><div>pathetic...</div>
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to crazytown
    Population: 1
  • Options
    melissa82melissa82 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't know what a knot bitty is, but it sounds kinda sexy. Kiss
  • Options
    jeannigirljeannigirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow how crazy is this post? Hey two wrongs don't make a right. OP you are doing exactly when your claiming others are doing thats the pot calling the kettle black.

I think on a whole everyone is pretty nice and helpful here with wedding stuff. We all have bad days here and there and maybe our patience may be stretched thin at times with the silliness of some of the posts. Their is not need to become viscious and start attacking verbally the other brides on the board.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    therickson - I GUARANTEE you it's the crazy person who got her granny panties all twisted in a knot when people began questioning if she was a vendor.  You know, the one who would say "Cha cha chaaaa" which made absolutely no sense.

Melissa - Lol, I'm sure there's more than 1 in Crazytown.  They're just afraid of the census takers.
    Married 7/10/10
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with introducing yourself, but you also don't have to. We have lurkers, and eventually some come out and join in the posts. Thats cool. I was a lurker for awhile till I got the feel of the boards and then I started posting. Then I introduced myself, a little late but oh well. I think the Seattle board is great! And I don't know the person who started this post, have never even seen their name, but it started out very negative and thats something that people who are new to the board don't need to see. We're not like that. Only people who are jealous of the free love and peace of the seattle board post like that! Tongue out Now I'm just being silly. To all new brides, YAY! And take your time lurking and sharing! I know I did! And it'll be nice to get some new blood on here as well! We've got a lot of girls that'll be OMH within a couple weeks! Lol!
    Married 7/17/2010 Photobucket PersonalMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah, nothing wrong with lurkers as long as they aren't vendors! Just when you decide to stop lurking and post, say hi and give us some details about WR stuff so we can give you more specific helpful advice!

Love fest! <3
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_washington-seattle_reply-heck?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:104Discussion:168d6d6c-f878-49d0-8895-e2f6c8c02cc7Post:f5d2aa09-1a54-4c5f-8c2b-77435c0f2116">Re: REPLY TO: What the Heck?</a>:
    [QUOTE]therickson - I GUARANTEE you it's the crazy person who got her granny panties all twisted in a knot when people began questioning if she was a vendor. 
    Posted by Tygirljojo[/QUOTE]
    I wondered the same thing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That was my first thought.... 

Can I ask though why you would even bother? I guess I am not in that mind set but I do not have enough time in my day to pointlessly harass people I do not know... 

Actually, I may feel bad for this person - they are obviously pretty unhappy with themselves...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and it was an even bigger cry for attention to start a second post in response to the first post... You get way more views that way! 

We see you... Happy now? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards