African American Weddings
Options

The Game Season Finale

Thoughts???
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: The Game Season Finale

• Options
    hatroopeshatroopes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was dissapointed - I actually think it was worse than the season opener (if that's even possible). Not to mention that Wendy Raquel Robinson (Tasha Mack) was on various shows to promote the finale and basically gave away the ending! I mean we probably could have guessed it based on the previews and the entire season (like we couldn't tell that Mario Van Peebles aka "Robbie"  was playing her) but she could have at least added a little suspense. The entire season was very dissapointing - if they get renewed for another season, I hope the writing improves drastically!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll NEVER get those 30 minutes of my life back... EVER!!! lol.

When it went off, I sat up real fast in the bed and looked at my cell phone like "I know this show ain't over!!!" Ugh! It irritated me more than anything. I think because it was so short.
  • Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_game-season-finale?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:9f080d9b-f7af-466a-b739-ebd435eb2ef0Post:93791222-3f18-41b0-83e8-2a1fc1984f1c">Re: The Game Season Finale</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was dissapointed - I actually think it was worse than the season opener (if that's even possible). Not to mention that Wendy Raquel Robinson (Tasha Mack) was on various shows to promote the finale and basically gave away the ending! I mean we probably could have guessed it based on the previews and the entire season, but she could have at least added a little suspense. The entire season was very dissapointing - <font color="#ff0000"><strong>if they get renewed for another season</strong></font>, I hope the writing improves drastically!
    Posted by hatroopes[/QUOTE]

I said it will probably be another 5 years before we get another season! LOL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    WOW..... I was shocked and kind of disappointed. This season finale should've been like a hour long instead of 30 mins. Now we have to wait until it comes back on to see what happened. Derwin and Melanie now that was the shocker for me I was sitting there with my mouth open.... LOL
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the PPs - it was too short and honestly I didn't know what he was talking about with that abortion question.  I didn't even know she had one (guess I missed those episodes!). 

I thought it was wack overall, a lot of short little dramatic sequences, but nothing satisfying.  The best part was Jason acting like himself again and not so angry.  :)

Other than that, they could have kept that episode. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    hatroopeshatroopes member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_game-season-finale?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:9f080d9b-f7af-466a-b739-ebd435eb2ef0Post:b3c8f032-7f48-4004-98e9-640a42e6f48f">Re: The Game Season Finale</a>:
    [QUOTE]I<strong> agree with the PPs - it was too short and honestly I didn't know what he was talking about with that abortion question.  I didn't even know she had one (guess I missed those episodes!). </strong> I thought it was wack overall, a lot of short little dramatic sequences, but nothing satisfying.  The best part was Jason acting like himself again and not so angry.  :) Other than that, they could have kept that episode. 
    Posted by cincy2011[/QUOTE]

<div>Exactly! What was that about? I had to call my sister and be like huh???</div>
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    sharonda1981sharonda1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was disappointed with the entire season, it was too much drama and no comedy. The orignal show had drama and comedy, which striked me because they claim the show has the same writers. I love the cast though and will always watch it even though it's gotten to soap operaish!
  • Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    edited December 2011
    <p>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_game-season-finale?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:9f080d9b-f7af-466a-b739-ebd435eb2ef0Post:b3c8f032-7f48-4004-98e9-640a42e6f48f">Re: The Game Season Finale</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with the PPs - it was too short and honestly I didn't know what he was talking about with that abortion question. <font color="#ff0000"><strong> I didn't even know she had one (guess I missed those episodes!)</strong></font>.  I thought it was wack overall, a lot of short little dramatic sequences, but nothing satisfying.  The best part was Jason acting like himself again and not so angry.  :) Other than that, they could have kept that episode. 
    Posted by cincy2011[/QUOTE]

I think it was a secret from all of us. {Probably happened during the 2 or 3 years they were off screen.} I'm guessing the baby wasn't Derwin's. And she might not be able to have a baby due to scarring. That's why the doctor asked if she had one. And Derwin knew she was lying because she was saying "definitely", as Tasha pointed out she says when she's not being direct or lying.</p>
    <p>That's my $.02.</p>
  • Options
    tyboydtyboyd member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_game-season-finale?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:9f080d9b-f7af-466a-b739-ebd435eb2ef0Post:91387f2f-12b0-4189-9968-741f88e4fed3">Re: The Game Season Finale</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was disappointed with the entire season, it was too much drama and no comedy. The orignal show had drama and comedy, which striked me because they claim the show has the same writers. I love the cast though and will always watch it even though it's gotten to soap operaish!
    Posted by sharonda1981[/QUOTE]

I thought it was different writers. But IDK.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_game-season-finale?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:9f080d9b-f7af-466a-b739-ebd435eb2ef0Post:47ea5c8e-850f-47b5-9730-422beb54eacd">Re: The Game Season Finale</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll NEVER get those 30 minutes of my life back... EVER!!! lol.<strong> When it went off, I sat up real fast in the bed and looked at my cell phone like "I know this show ain't over!!!" Ugh! It irritated me more than anything. I think because it was so short.</strong>
    Posted by tyboyd[/QUOTE]

I completely agree!

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_game-season-finale?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:9f080d9b-f7af-466a-b739-ebd435eb2ef0Post:4eac3a98-781e-4f61-ba07-ba5c8c6ef692">Re: The Game Season Finale</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Game Season Finale : I thought it was different writers. But IDK.
    Posted by tyboyd[/QUOTE]

Not all the writers are the same...but there are some of the old writers...
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_game-season-finale?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:9f080d9b-f7af-466a-b739-ebd435eb2ef0Post:0f98d6cf-a928-4dbc-a6ba-d67c1672c4f4">Re: The Game Season Finale</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Game Season Finale : I think it was a secret from all of us. {Probably happened during the 2 or 3 years they were off screen.} I'm guessing the baby wasn't Derwin's. And she might not be able to have a baby due to scarring. That's why the doctor asked if she had one. And Derwin knew she was lying because she was saying "definitely", as Tasha pointed out she says when she's not being direct or lying. That's my $.02.
    Posted by tyboyd[/QUOTE]

Yeah, she got caught when she said "definitely". I knew something was up because the way he looked at her as soon as she said it. I have hardly watched any episodes this entire season because the first two episodes were just horrible to me.  I was even disappointed in the soundtrack for this season. The songs used to be ON POINT no matter what the situation was. Everything about this entire season was lacking to me. I did like Malik's storyline though. I just wish they had done more with it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I try my hardest to support black movies and TV shows but I'm DONE!

Adding this to my list of do not watch:

Meet the Browns
    House of Payne
    All BET award shows
    and now THE GAME!

such an embarrassment.
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    sharonda1981sharonda1981 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Game Season Finale : I thought it was different writers. But IDK.
    Posted by tyboyd[/QUOTE]

According to the BET Game FB page the show had the same writers, it was just on a new station. Either way, the show went a completely different way and that was stupid! Us fans fought for the show to come back because we enjoyed the original show.
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_game-season-finale?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:9f080d9b-f7af-466a-b739-ebd435eb2ef0Post:0f98d6cf-a928-4dbc-a6ba-d67c1672c4f4">Re: The Game Season Finale</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Game Season Finale : I think it was a secret from all of us. {Probably happened during the 2 or 3 years they were off screen.} I'm guessing the baby wasn't Derwin's. And she might not be able to have a baby due to scarring. That's why the doctor asked if she had one. And Derwin knew she was lying because she was saying "definitely", as Tasha pointed out she says when she's not being direct or lying. That's my $.02.
    Posted by tyboyd[/QUOTE]
    THIS EXACTLY! I do want to see what happens here maybe Derwin will make her go to church for a year straight or something crazy like the last time lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards