African American Weddings
Options

NWR: Window (or browser) shopping

So ladies do you ever find yourself window shopping (or browser shopping on the internet) at things you might not ever be able to afford?

I can spend hours on the Tiffany & Co website looking at several pieces. My new thing is a pink diamond ring that cost $710,000 which is the price of a very nice house. I was so excited when my DH and I went to Tiffanys to buy our wedding rings, for years I had been wanting someting from there...craving the little blue box wrapped in white ribbon.

What are your dream items to own that you sometimes find yourself window shopping for?

Sidenote:
So when I went to pick up the rings the lady gave me a bunch of little blue Tiffany gift bags without me asking at all. I decided I would use them to gift gifts in. My in-laws assume I am "poor" (whatever that means to them) and so I decied to give my MIL a necklace set from walmart for Christmas, but I put it in the Tiffany bag. So then I got his grandma this beautiful broach which I actually got for free because I spent over $40 at Avenue. I put that in another little Tiffany bag. Normally whenever I give his grandma a gift she always gives me back the bag, this was the first time she didn't, she says "Oh its such a pretty bag."I always pick pretty gift bags and everyone knows Tiffany bags are as plain as anything just blue with "Tiffary & Co" on it in small letters. I told my FI even though she is losing her eye sight she saw it was a Tiffany bag, or course she was goiing to keep it.
Photobucket
"Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
Janae & Olivier

Anniversary

Re: NWR: Window (or browser) shopping

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I window shop for houses all the time. When driving, I'll just turn into a new development without thought. I know I can't afford them right now, but I tell myself that eventually I will!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_nwr-window-browser-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:9f654f76-dcad-458b-854d-17069acb0a57Post:1d1ae821-bcd6-45a0-b9f4-1b91c11d154e">NWR: Window (or browser) shopping</a>:
    [QUOTE]So ladies do you ever find yourself window shopping (or browser shopping on the internet) at things you might not ever be able to afford? I can spend hours on the Tiffany & Co website looking at several pieces. My new thing is a pink diamond ring that cost $710,000 which is the price of a very nice house. I was so excited when my DH and I went to Tiffanys to buy our wedding rings, for years I had been wanting someting from there...craving the little blue box wrapped in white ribbon. What are your dream items to own that you sometimes find yourself window shopping for? Sidenote: So when I went to pick up the rings the lady gave me a bunch of little blue Tiffany gift bags without me asking at all. I decided I would use them to gift gifts in. My in-laws assume I am "poor" (whatever that means to them) and<strong> so I decied to give my MIL a necklace set from walmart for Christmas, but I put it in the Tiffany bag. So then I got his grandma this beautiful broach which I actually got for free because I spent over $40 at Avenue. I put that in another little Tiffany bag. Normally whenever I give his grandma a gift she always gives me back the bag, this was the first time she didn't, she says "Oh its such a pretty bag."I always pick pretty gift bags and everyone knows Tiffany bags are as plain as anything just blue with "Tiffary & Co" on it in small letters. I told my FI even though she is losing her eye sight she saw it was a Tiffany bag, or course she was goiing to keep it.</strong>
    Posted by JKeyes2011[/QUOTE]

LOL! That is too funny! But definitely something I would have done! Love it!

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_nwr-window-browser-shopping?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:9f654f76-dcad-458b-854d-17069acb0a57Post:c995e9db-92af-496e-9f35-d0f723a71540">Re: NWR: Window (or browser) shopping</a>:
    [QUOTE]I window shop for houses all the time. When driving, I'll just turn into a new development without thought. I know I can't afford them right now, but I tell myself that eventually I will!
    Posted by lil01[/QUOTE]

I do to! There is this housing development on the other side of town from me and I always dream of buying a house there. Even some older houses. A reality company bought the house across the street from my mom and re-did the entire inside and put it back up for sale, I would love that house.
    Photobucket
    "Ever Thine, Ever Mine, Ever Ours"
    Janae & Olivier

Anniversary
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I window shop for larger condo units in FI's building, for furniture (specifically beds for the moment) and for natural hair products.  Of course I never buy any of these things, I just like to look.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards