African American Weddings

Should've Posted This Yesterday..

But I was being lazy lol. Didn't want to use the brain power it would take to make a post :)

So yesterday I went to another bridal shop (the 1st place I went was David's Bridal- nuff said) and I had so much fun with my MOH. She MADE me change the date from monday to wednesday so she could go. She told me if I didn't then I could find someone else to be MOH blah, blur blah (my older sister is a trip :P). I absolutely LOVED the lady who worked there. She was so nice, helpful and my sister and I had her laughing the whole time (look, I'm african, I don't know how to act in public sometimes, sue me lol).

My older sister found this bangin dress amongst the 4 she chose for me to wear and I mean, the other dresses were alright but this dress was on POINT. Ladies, y'all ain't hearin me, I was feeling saucy, sexy, SUPER fine in this dress and believe me when I tell y'all, that don't happen often. The funny thing is that the dress was a mermaid style.

Now, I don't have the average black woman body. My curves? They don't kick. My booty? It doesn't pop. Thighs? Not so thick..(makes me wonder why FI chose me but I digress). Deal, is, I had originally wanted a mermaid style gown BUT I "knew" with my lack of curves that I couldn't pull it off. I look better in A-line and ball gowns but this dress man....I was lookin' right in it. I had to give my sister a hug because had it not been for her, I would've never tried on that style of dress. It had a corset back and I LOVE corsets, hell, I own one, so we had the lady tighten that bad boy up and the artificial curves were kicking.

So I will most def be getting a dress similar to it. I can't get that dress, which makes me sad because the lady was so helpful BUT, I will be getting my veil, FI's tux and possibly have my alterations done there. The way they treated us made a very good impression so while I won't be able to by that bomb @$$ dress, they will certainly be getting SOME kind of business from us, that's for sure. I think my older sister may even get her dress from there. If she does, I won't feel so bad about not getting mine.

Re: Should've Posted This Yesterday..

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards