African American Weddings
Options

BM Shoes Complaint

So my MOH and I picked out the shoes for the BMs, they all purchased the shoes and everything was all good. Suddenly, my taller and full figured BMs begin to tell me that they can't walk well in the shoes or they don't feel comfortable in the shoes because the heel is too thin and they prefer platform shoes. I don't want the girls to feel or be uncomfortable but I don't want them to wear all different shoes either. My question is should I tell them to buy new shoes and then what about the three that are fine in the shoes and have no complaints? Should they have to buy new shoes too?

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

Re: BM Shoes Complaint

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Is there a way to get a shoe that's similar to the other three Bm"s?
  • Options
    msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you maybe alternate the ladies so it will look like the shoe thing was planned? That would mean your two full figured BM"s will have to get the same shoes.

I let all my BM"s pick their own black open toe shoes because my MOH can't walk in heels like the rest of my BM's so my MOH has some kitten heels and the others have regular 3-4 inch heels
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    IDK... I guess I would have to just do some major searching... here is the shoe they currently have http://www.amazon.com/ALDO-Makinson-Evening-Sandals-Silver/dp/B003QQAQAO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1300934042&sr=8-1

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My girls are all wearing the same color shoes.  

One of my MB does not wear hight heels due to her having MS.  The other two and tall and really dont need a high heel. MOH is short. 
    they all have silver shoes, as do I.

Fact is, not every foot fits every shoe.  I have side feet, so I have to pick shoes that wont squeeze my feet.

See if they can come up with a shoe that is similar to the ones you picked out.  

Dont stress over it.  Especially if their dress cover their shoes.  Even if the dresses dont cover the shoes... It will be OK.  You will have bigger battles to fight.  
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Payless had something similar to those shoes.  Also check Khols  
    One of my BM got her shoes at Payless.  They have stepped up their game. I was a bit surprised.  
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So true... thanks ladies! I just feel bad about them possibly having wasted money but maybe they can get refunds... I know it will work out and this is minor!

• Options
    sadou02sadou02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Those shoes are cute.  I may have found a shoe that I can suggest to my BM's.  Im not sweating their shoes as long as its the same color.  But this is a great suggestion and reasonably priced.

On the topic, as a pp stated, if the other two get similar shoes that it can look as if it was planned.  This is minor and it will work itself out in the end.
    image139 Made the list!
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 32 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are getting on my nerves!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_bm-shoes-complaint?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:a33e4b4f-9d58-41c2-a90d-cbab2df26bc4Post:d104b3ef-678d-4c51-bf84-ba7dd6d885fc">Re: BM Shoes Complaint</a>:
    [QUOTE]Payless had something similar to those shoes.  Also check Khols   One of my BM got her shoes at Payless.  They have stepped up their game. I was a bit surprised.  
    Posted by lisa4766[/QUOTE]

I will check that out! Thanks!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would let them buy their own shoes, but the same color as the original shoe. Also, see if they can all buy the same shoe so that its only 2 different types of shoes going on, if possible. I think it'll be fine though.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LOVE that shoes Sweets

I am letting mine pick out whatever shoe they want bc feet are a tricky thing and not every BM wants to wear a 4" heel like i would prefer lol

272image Invited
    222image Accepted
    50image Can't Hang
    0 image Just won't be attending PERIOD
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards