African American Weddings
Options

Honeymoon Planning?

Who did you all work with to plan your honeymoon?  Did you go with a travel agent, book on a web site or contact the hotel yourself? 

If you got a great deal, please tell me how you got it!  

We are beginning to firm up our honeymoon plans (we changed the destination because the weather is Costa Rica is too rainy in July) so we'd like to get it booked within the next two months.

We are now going to Curacao, Netherlands Antilles.  It has great weather during July, lots of beaches and some adventure activities, which we wanted.  I've been looking for resort deals online (we are using SkyMiles to fly there) and I haven't found any sites that offer awesome deals.  Thanks in advance!  

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Re: Honeymoon Planning?

• Options
    edited December 2011

Good question....BTW: Great choices we are looking at somewhere warm with beaches too!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we're having a destination wedding in playa del carmen, we'll be staying  there extra for our honeymoon. we finally put down a deposit with beachbumvacation.com

theyve been helping with the whole process and have been great so far! i like that we can put a deposit down and pay whatever we want afterwards.

i worked with marcie. shes helped me with all of the ditzy questions ive thrown at her, so i had to give her a shoutout :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    On another board someone recommended travelzoo.com. They had good deals to a variety of places.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    cincy2011cincy2011 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_honeymoon-planning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:a3bf867b-2e06-4f92-9a25-ac7b2f049234Post:ace18c5f-c345-47a0-a87b-9742fbf65948">Re: Honeymoon Planning?</a>:
    [QUOTE]we're having a destination wedding in playa del carmen, we'll be staying  there extra for our honeymoon. we finally put down a deposit with beachbumvacations.com theyve been helping with the whole process and have been great so far! i like that we can put a deposit down and pay whatever we want afterwards.   i worked with marcie. shes helped me with all of the ditzy questions ive thrown at her, so i had to give her a shoutout :)
    Posted by TrueBella[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Thanks TrueBella!  I will check out that site tonight!</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_honeymoon-planning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:400Discussion:a3bf867b-2e06-4f92-9a25-ac7b2f049234Post:cb80058d-83fc-4604-8c65-aa6cd9043569">Re: Honeymoon Planning?</a>:
    [QUOTE]On another board someone recommended travelzoo.com. They had good deals to a variety of places.
    Posted by missrekaeagle[/QUOTE]

<div>I do remember that now..thanks for reminding me!  I think MIABRIDE used Travelzoo for her honeymoon if I recall correctly.  I'm headed over to that site now!</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    beachbumvacations.com seemed like a directory site.. I couldn't find any relevant information..
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_honeymoon-planning?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:a3bf867b-2e06-4f92-9a25-ac7b2f049234Post:d6437b50-5553-4543-a03b-63342e1b0d94">Re: Honeymoon Planning?</a>:
    [QUOTE]beachbumvacations.com seemed like a directory site.. I couldn't find any relevant information..
    Posted by VelvetElegance[/QUOTE]

sorry guys theres no s at the end of it. its beachbumvacation.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ahhh man, you're not going to Costa Rica anymore?  Well, I can totally understand why not.  I really wanted to go to Costa Rica, but couldn't afford it.  My mom and dad paid for our honeymoon.  We just booked a cruise because it was the least expensive option.  My dad cruises a lot with Carnival so he got a good deal.  If you are a AAA member, perhaps you can check wtih their travel agency.  In fact, I don't think you have to be a AAA member.  I would research all three options i.e. travel agent, contacting hotel directly, book with website.  I have found that the travel agents weren't able to necessarily get the best deals.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Tam, I will look into all three options.  Since we have decided on the destination already, it shouldn't take a lot of time to research all three.  I have heard the same thing about travel agents.  My girlfriend is actually a TA with American Express and she said she'd help with anything I needed, so I may actually call her and just see what she's talking about.  The AAA member thing is a good idea, b/c I didn't think of that.

That is awesome that your parents are paying for the HM. Yeah, we were sad about Costa Rica but that time of year just sucks there and the last thing I want to do is feel trapped in the resort every day b/c it's raining so hard.  I had a vacation to Cancun that ended up like that and I felt like I was in prison by day two.  I couldn't take it!  LOL
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to P.Cana ( so wanted to go to Costa Rica as well but afraid of the "green" season).  I just googled some resorts and then went to tripadvisor.com to see the reviews. They provide really good reviews of resorts, excursions, restaurants, etc. We ended up choosing the Excellence resort based on the reviews from tripadvisor and our Travel Agent....and then we let her do the rest.
    ~ Planning Bio~
    ~ Married Bio~
    ~ Married August 15, 2010 ~
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    All You Need Is Love....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards