African American Weddings
Options

Ask flasweetheart Anything

Here ya go!
AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

Re: Ask flasweetheart Anything

• Options
    edited December 2011
    OOHHH I get to go first!!!

If you could live anywhere in the world after the wedding, where would move to and why?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's a tough one to live I would say Dallas.  I love the weather out there and FI brother and his family live there. 

Now if you had said vacations homes one would be in Antigua in the West Indies where I was born and the other would be in South Africa.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What  has been your favorite part of the planning process?
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_ask-flasweetheart-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:a76a2b54-5db6-487c-a39f-a8801476a5a6Post:19f1dedc-4983-48dd-a35a-a7d022b20a37">Re: Ask flasweetheart Anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]What  has been your favorite part of the planning process?
    Posted by TysWife2Be[/QUOTE]

So far going dress shopping with my mom and little sister who is one of my MOH.  My mom was diagnosed with cancer 2 years ago so me and my sister being able to spend time with her looking for wedding dresses is special.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If money were no object, what would you splurge on for your wedding?
    218806_0122 - Copy2011-10-239513.10.15 Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what do you want your signature dink to be at your wedding?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How did you and your FI meet? Was it love at first sight?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Everyone get married for different reasons, beside love friendship ect , Why are you getting married ? once you are married what changes do you want in your new life
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_ask-flasweetheart-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:a76a2b54-5db6-487c-a39f-a8801476a5a6Post:ebcda27a-517b-4a38-8ed6-27bc2c5d5f76">Re: Ask flasweetheart Anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]If money were no object, what would you splurge on for your wedding?
    Posted by summerbride11[/QUOTE]

I think we would have splurged and invited more guest.  We both have large families and lots of friends so we have had to really think deep about who all we are inviting and who we really wanted at the wedding
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_ask-flasweetheart-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:a76a2b54-5db6-487c-a39f-a8801476a5a6Post:1138fdac-9a0a-43a3-ada5-eef80a1773ba">Re: Ask flasweetheart Anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]what do you want your signature dink to be at your wedding?
    Posted by rodeo417[/QUOTE]

Haven't even thought about it.  We are still debating if we are going to do a cash bar or and open bar
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_ask-flasweetheart-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:a76a2b54-5db6-487c-a39f-a8801476a5a6Post:d97561c0-80ab-4905-bf4c-ffe720607bef">Re: Ask flasweetheart Anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]How did you and your FI meet? Was it love at first sight?
    Posted by PhillyBride123[/QUOTE]

Ok bear with me this is kinda long.  Back in 2006 I had a friend who's boyfriend  kept telling each of us that we had to meet I kept blowing both of them off.  So my friend told him that I had a blackplanet page and he found me on there and hit me up.  At the time I had just gotten out of a relationship so wasn't looking to get back in one so we just were friends and would send each other message ever so often to see how the other was.  We then by accident ran into each other at a Walmart but I was dating someone at the time so still just friends. So fast forward to late Dec. 2008 I had taken a 9 month break from dating and he hit me up to see how I was doing and if I wanted to hang out. I said yes and we hung out and he invited me to church with him on New Year's Eve we started hanging out more and became an official couple the end of Jan. 2009.

Once we started dating and had been together for about 2 months I knew I loved him.  The fact that it took 2 years for me to start dating him no it wasn't love at first sight.  I thought he was a great guy but I wasn't looking to date when we first met.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_ask-flasweetheart-anything?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:a76a2b54-5db6-487c-a39f-a8801476a5a6Post:21cd4b39-116f-4455-8f7a-0f0f70c07166">Re: Ask flasweetheart Anything</a>:
    [QUOTE]Everyone get married for different reasons, beside love friendship ect , Why are you getting married ? once you are married what changes do you want in your new life
    Posted by shaq123[/QUOTE]

Aside from love and friendship i found the man that completes me and I couldn't see myself without him.  He had everything that I was looking for and more(church going, a great father to his son, very family oriented and giving of his time to his friends and community)

As for changes in my new life right now none that I can think of.  Me and FI a few of our friends are already married and we tend to do more with our married friends or friends that are in serious relationships vs friends who are single.  We go to church together and we have prayed and fasted together.  I really can't wait to start a family with him and Sept 17th can't get here soon enough.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards