Ok, after talking with FI, prayer and my advice from my Sissy's....we have decided to go into mortgage preapproval first, you know just to see where we are and if buying a house is something we can even accommodate right now financially.
My deacon would be willing to build us whatever would fit into our budget I'm sure of it if we got to that point.
FI said we would make it work either way, he just wants me to be happy (love him to death!). If we ARE able to move forward with the house, we would scale back a bit on the wedding, like cutting out some apps and cutting the open bar budget. Also, scaling the list down like maybe 20 people (our max is 120 including WP)
The bottom line is: I don't want to regret what I wanted in our wedding. When I started planning this wedding, destination wedding NEVER came to my mind and I don't wanna do something I don't want to for the sake of saving money, especially when the destinations I considered weren't that far off from what i have going now cost wise! I'm pretty savvy with finding deals and inexpensive items. Hell, if all else fails, my mom is an awesome flower arranger. She can't contribute much to my wedding financial wise and would love to do my flowers, However, she has only worked with silk flowers and I don't prefer those. She and my aunt ( who is super awesome with decor) will be doing my tablescapes though!
I will be meeting with my financial planner on friday to get the process moving. I have all my documents printed and ready( tax returns, bank staments, etc...). He didnt even tell me to bring all that, but something told me to do it anyway...hmmmmm
Please keep us in prayer y'all, we need it. Love y'all!!!!!!