African American Weddings

Nuvaring

So, I started Nuvaring last month and I totally love it. However, I've been waiting on my period and it's acting like it doesn't want to come on. I have cramps, but only spotting.

Anyone have any experience using it? How are your periods?

Re: Nuvaring

• IFEFADIFEFAD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been using the NUVA ring since 2003-2004 and i LOVE IT, ONE OF THE BEST THINGS I EVER DID.  It took about a month for my body to adjust but after that i was fine. You will probably spot for a few days then it will come on . It really did regulate my period, only thing is my cramps are still as bad as they used to be though
  • OFFOFF
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nuvaring is my best friend.  I've been on it since 2001.  I think it took a bit for my body to adjust but after that I was fine.  Yeah and like IFEFAD said the cramps don't go away but your period becomes really consistent.
  • edited December 2011
    I was on the Nuvaring before and after I had Kadyn. I recently changed only because I didnt want to have to deal with it anymore. I LOVED IT!!

I remember when I first started it. It made my breast hurt (like I was pregnant). I asked the doctor about it and they said that it was normal. Trust me ur cycle will come and within a few months you will be totally regulated. I also ended up having shorter cycles. Went from 7 days to 3-4 U know I was Happy!! 
  • lca315girllca315girl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The pp have said everything I was planning on stating. You'll love being on the ring!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic White Knot
  • ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I have to agree with PP. It doesn't really help my PMDD though but I liked the fact that I insert it and forget it. Made my periods last less too.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for asking this question, Im on the pill but need a better solution because I cant stick to it like I need to. A friend recommended using NuvaRing but when she told me that she puts it in and takes it out I was a little puzzled
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards