African American Weddings
Options

Paying for it all

Are you paying for everything? If so...how?!? lol

We might have to push our day back to 2012...The guestlist is already at 50.
January AAW Signature Challenge:Wedding Must-Have: A shot or 4
Photobucket

*insert sarcastic musing here...or jazz hands*

Re: Paying for it all

• Options
    tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, we are basically paying for everything.  We decided to push our wedding date back to save money.  We also had to be real creative with finding deals and negotiate A LOT!  Some girls on here I see are working PT jobs and throwing parties and events on the side to save money.  One really creative way that one of our fellow knotties is saving money is by throwing bowling parties.  I think that's a clever way of saving money.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I decided to have a 2 year engagement so we can pay for our wedding ourselves. Although some people disagree, I suggest planning early. Also shopping around and DIY saves money. 

Although my parents are not very happy about it, I decided against a church wedding just because my church charges like a regular venue. I want a garden wedding because there wouldn't be a need for ceremony decor and I've found great package deals at locations like Bread & Breakfasts that have gardens on the property.

Fortunately for me, I have an old college friend who is a photographer and one that's a videographer. Another good friend of mine volunteered to make all my bouquets, boutonnieres, and corsages from really nice silk calla lillies he used for decor at his cousin's baby shower. You'd be surprised what your friends will want to do for you when it comes to wedding planning. I know I was!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just saved. We had 1.5 year engagement so we were able to save money and also scrimped on a few things too like flowers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    bonus...i get a monthly bonus as long as i hit goal, so previously I would do other stuff with it so now I keep half and give them half...My goal is to have the reception pif by fall...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love this board! What great ideas up in here. lol

My FH discussed hoting a fight party in May (Mayweather v Mosely). We should def. charge for that.

January AAW Signature Challenge:Wedding Must-Have: A shot or 4
    Photobucket

*insert sarcastic musing here...or jazz hands*
  • Options
    prncszprncsz member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are paying for everything ourselves. I'm working a second job, FI is working a second job as well and dj'ing on the side for parties. My dad just offered last week to pay for my dress so that's one less thing. I'm just getting ideas now of what I want and jotting down the cost so we will know how much money we need to have the wedding we want and then start saving the money. I have braces on and they don't come off until June 2011 so it was a blessing in the disguise because we have pushed our wedding to August 2011 to allow time for them to come off and also to have enough money to pay for our wedding.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers PersonalMilestone Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We saved and are/were working two jobs! I also have extra money that comes in from the government that helps alot! We also went with a hotel wedding becaused it included alot and cut my stress down to almost zero. And at 79,50 a head for a buffet, you can't beat it!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    We are paying for it all (and almost done to boot). I agree with pp that you should start early! I really didn't do anything extra just watched my budget, took my lunch to work more, didn't go or buy movies as much, basically just cut out anything that wasn't necessary.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are also paying for everything.  We had a 2yr engagement.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are paying for everything and having a destination wedding in Jamaica. We'll be there 7 days total, which includes the honeymoon. The resort is also all inclusive and the wedding is free.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are paying for it all. At first we settled on a 1 1/2 year engagement, but then we started looking at the numbers and decided to elope (3 months after our engagement).  Well, the "elopment" has turned into a destination wedding in Las Veags, with some of our close family and friends attending.  Two weeks after we return to Orlando we are having a big reception (party!) for those who were could not attend the ceremony. 

Mrs. Natasha B. Williams May 28, 2010
    The Journey Began.....

N & B Engagement Photos
    imageFrom Vegas 2010
    imageFrom Las Vegas Wedding 2010 imageFrom Las Vegas Wedding 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're paying for everything. We have a 16-month engagement but are also planning on putting money from our tax refunds towards the wedding.
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards